Puck "Cents"

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Phil Ham, May 11, 2013.

1. Same here. Backorder means done.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

The MOD sets come to mind off the top of my head

4. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I hope they do come out with more Shawnee's because I have friends who missed out even though personally I do like the prospect of low mintage. I'm wondering if the bigger problem at the mint could be a shortage of silver (Productivity Falls To Lowest Ever ) which could be the reason for the delay in releasing the ASE proofs, but I'm sure time will tell and all we can do is wait and see.

5. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I think the "shortage" may just be a calm before the storm so to speak gearing up for the previously coined 900 commems etc issues to the newly authorized 999. If the shortage was authentic we should be seeing a spike in ase premiums like late year but it's not happening. I could be wrong though

6. longarm

I hope you're right, I don't want to think what a problem it would be if the mint started rationing everything, all I can say is have your enrollments active.

7. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

8. longarm likes this.
  9. longarm

5 Homesteads available at the mint this morning.

10. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

When I checked this evening, the website showed the Homestead and Shawnee as "Currently Unavailable". How could you tell that 5 pucks became available by the way?

11. longarm

There were 5 available this morning but they must've sold what they had. To find out how many items are still available just put 99 of an item in your bag and then it will say there are only so many available. They usually become available in the mornings so if you want one you have to be quick.

12. longarm

Shawnee is up on Backorder...

13. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Yup :)

14. According to US Mint, 159 Shawnees returned this week. Likely explains backorder status. Should sell these out fast.

15. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Then why would they not be available now. That doesn't make sense Top. I'm betting they're just adding those to the next offering when it comes back up once they're done striking the batch

16. You never know with the mint. If you missed out earlier and still want one, I would get in the backorder queue ASAP. TC

17. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

1. HI 14,863
    2. ME 14,978
    3. AK 15,225
    4. IL 15,631 ( Current )
    5. OK 16,827

18. Shawnee unavailable again this morning after just 3 days on backorder. Sounds like they moved the 159 returns as opposed to striking another batch.

19. longarm

That would be my guess also, but you can never tell with the mint.

20. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I still have my $ on them striking more as we speak. I could be wrong but I decided to skip these 2016 issues save maybe teddy. I really had to fight myself getting a few the last 2 days but I did. Time will tell if I blew it or made a wise choice I suppose

21. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

The mint has removed the Kisatchie, Bombay Hook, and Saratoga from the website. The Homestead and Shawnee remain but unavailable. The Bombay Hook, Saratoga, and Shawnee are raising in market value based on limited sales data of them on ebay. Some folks are asking crazy money for them but I only use "sold" items as a judge of value.

Draft saved Draft deleted