Puck "Cents"

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Phil Ham, May 11, 2013.

1. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

@statequarterguy Yup, I'm counting on it. Numbers as of 12/20 were 17,258. Cutting it close but if these go up $100 like BRP then I'll be happy

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

4. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

File this under "there's a first time for anything when it comes to the us mint". I got a order in for 10 saratogies Sat. morning on the Dec 12th and then the mint only shipped 7 of them, but Tues. I received an email saying my mint order shipped and lo and behold, it was the other 3 that wasn't included the first time. I just hope they're not rejects.

5. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

There is talk on other forums about a multitude of minor clerical errors happening to people buying us mint products recently. The running theory is 2016 preparation causing a touch chaos

6. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I think that the Bombay will exceed the Blue Ridge in mintage when it is said and done. Although still "sort of selling" on the mint website, the Saratoga is selling for $180 to $190 on the bay. What's up with that?

7. longarm

"Although still "sort of selling" on the mint website, the Saratoga is selling for $180 to $190 on the bay. What's up with that?"

I think alot of people were caught off guard on the demand for the saratoga, I know a couple of people who had to go to the bay now to get their coins.

8. longarm

What a great year for silver, besides the 3 monster boxes (2 kisatchie's and 1 blue ridge), I acquired 117 p pucks this year and that includes a full set of sp70 mercanti. Yeah, it's been a very good year and I'm hoping 2016 will be even better, Merry Christmas everyone!

9. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Yes, I've been loading up on silver this year too. I bought all five collector pucks, the silver proof set, the bullion ASE, burnished ASE, the proof ASE, five March of Dime Sets, numerous Barber Dimes, Quarters & Half Dollars, numerous Morgan and Peace dollars, Landmark's commemorative coins, several Texas Ranger's Hall of Fame coins and the 12 coin set, several 1-ounce silver rounds, several Canadian silver one and five dollar coins, and several Ike silver dollars. Although it could drop to $5/ounce, I'm betting it's near it nadir.

10. longarm

@Phil- that is awesome, keep it up and if silver is slammed down to $5 an oz I'll buy twice as much..

11. longarm

In the last couple of months I've had 3 friends of mine who have never bought silver before come to me needing help on what to buy, how to buy and where to buy(I recommend buying from the us mint) and now there's 3 people who now have silver that didn't 6 months ago. Silver is the money of the working man, the earners, the producers.

12. Rono

Rono Senior Member

Wow, kindred souls.

I too am buying silver. Slowly, albeit, but buying nevertheless.

peace,

rono

13. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

14. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

It's funny how the bullion's look better than the P's in photos yet it's the opposite in hand with these pucks. Weird

15. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Here is my order of like from best to worse: John Brown's Fort, Teddy Roosevelt, Shawnee, Cumberland Gap, and Fort Moultrie. Only the first two do much for me. The other three are probably near the bottom of all the designs for the ATB quarters.

medjoy likes this.
  16. longarm

I don't really care for the designs with men on them, why not show the natural beauty of the parks? I'll never visit some of these places anyway. I like the Shawnee and J.B's fort and I can even deal with T.R's (the park is named for him after all) but Cumberland Gap ( maybe if he had a coon skin cap) and Fort Moultrie (looks like a zombie off Walking Dead) doesn't do much for me.

17. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

What about just the hands of men lol.

18. longarm

What about just the hands of men lol.

Are those men's hands? Looks kinda feminine to me.

19. longarm

Just ordered the saratogie ms69dmpl mercanti from MCM, that finishes that set.

20. longarm

21. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Haha. The symbolism of the saratoga design is epic if you know the subtext. And as for the hands, a hand is THE hardest part of the human body for any artist to correctly reproduce. Knowing this, those are some mighty fine hands! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted