Puck "Cents"

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Phil Ham, May 11, 2013.

1. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

You're giving them too much credit.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. drathbun

drathbun Well-Known Member

I put my subscription, er, my "enrollment" on hold. I used the 10% discount to basically pay for shipping. Now I will wait until I have something else to order so as to save the shipping cost over multiple orders.

The "on hold" feature is nice, but I would really like to see the discount come back.

4. drathbun

drathbun Well-Known Member

Everglades pucks were apparently released today, or at least I got an email saying they were available for order.

5. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

6. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

Silver's down 25% since August and the Mint pushes ahead with $31/oz pucks. <shaking head sadly>

Rob

7. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

It seems, according to the mintnewsblog article, if spot silver goes below $15.00 an ounce and stays there for a while, the Mint will reduce the price of the fancy puck by $25.00.

So, the options are to buy it now for $155.00 or possibly, maybe buy it for $130.00 at some point in the future. Given those choices, I will be getting mine now.

I know a lot of people like to regard these as bullion and look at their price in terms of how it compares to bullion, but there is a key difference and it is this: they sure as heck don't trade like bullion.

I am in the camp that believes these have a numismatic quality that transcends bullion and to put too much weight on what the spot price of silver is relative to the Mint's price of the puck is to be somewhat myopic.

medjoy and McBlzr like this.
  8. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

If spot goes below $15 an ounce and stays there for awhile I might be getting someone elses returns is it worth saving the $25 bucks is the question,After seeing all of the uncirculated jfk returns as of late i dunno.

9. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

Wait it out and pick up an SP69 First Strike for under issue price.

10. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Despite the price of silver, the collector pucks continue to hold their value. My Everglades is due tomorrow at $154.95 plus $4.95 S&H. It will be interesting to see the first week sales of them. I bet a lot of folks cancelled their subscriptions and they will wait for the after market or a reduced price from the mint. I don't like second hand stuff so I'm still on subscription. Probably a mistake though.

11. statequarterguy

Hmm, 4 day sales total 16,243. Anyone have sales stats for previous issues?

12. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

Look at coinnewsnet. It shows Everglades initial sales were lower by 4-5k compared to the other 2014P issues, but still much higher than 2012 and 2013.

13. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Based on the first week sales, they will have a hard time reaching 20k.

14. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

Everglades arrived Today :) Nice Looking ;)

ups_delivery_zpsb61d245c.gif

100_5891.JPG

100_5892.JPG

100_5893.JPG

medjoy and treehugger like this.
  15. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pictures, McBlzr. Mine is on its way also. That scene makes me want to get down there this year before all of the tourists start arriving.

16. medjoy

medjoy Active Member

The majestic anhinga in the foreground is stunning. I'm waiting on a bullion companion.
    The quality of the collector pucks has been impressive, in my experience.

17. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I got mine today. I really like this one. It is an impressive series.

medjoy likes this.
  18. statequarterguy

Has Coin World completely sold out or is it incompetence? The latest digital issue released today claims sales of the 5oz (I assume P) Sand Dunes Puck unaffected by the mint not lowering the price with the decline of silver. What? Well yeah, most of the Sand Dunes were sold with a 10% subscription discount. What about the Everglades, Coin World?

Phil Ham likes this.
  19. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I do like Coin World but they do tend to take a positive spin on the mint. I guess they need to keep good relations or the mint will cut off the supply of information.

20. statequarterguy

Interesting. I wonder if the mint will shoot itself in the foot again by producing some of the lower cost bullion pucks in lower mintages than the higher cost collector versions?

21. Broncoholic

Broncoholic Well-Known Member

I received mine today and was disappointed because it had 3 pretty noticeable DINGS in it. I started the process of returning the item for a replacement and the mint stated that they no longer offer "replacement options". I was told that I will have to send it back for a refund and place another order if I wanted a different coin. Just wondering if anybody has heard this yet???

Draft saved Draft deleted