Provident Metals - TWO BIG THUMBS UP!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by JimOfOakCreek, Apr 16, 2012.

1. JimOfOakCreek

JimOfOakCreek Member

My favorite silver bullion coin is the one ounce 2012 silver Pandas.....My first order with Provident Metals went splendedly. FAST FAST Fast shipping - Decent Prices - RECOMMENDED HIGHLY.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Nice to hear sir. It seems like there are always too many bad reviews, and not enough good ones of good companies.

4. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I hate to say it, but there are probably more bad companies than good ones dealing in coins and bullion.

5. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

How fast was the shipping? I've ordered from them before and both times it seemed like the processing took way too long. But overall, they get two thumbs as I'm not impatient, I'm just curious on how fast your shipping took place. My last order seemed to take about a week to process and then a couple of days to ship to me and we're in the same state.

6. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

All the more reason to have good reviews of good companies. :)

7. I ordered from Provident late in the evening on 4/9 and just signed for my package on 4/16. Very pleased...just placed another order. I like to reward good pricing, reasonable shipping costs, and fast delivery. :smile. TC

8. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

They are a great company :)

9. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

They're in my Top 5 for sure.

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'll have to check 'em out. Thanks guys.......

11. JimOfOakCreek

JimOfOakCreek Member

I ordered just last Thursday, 4/12, online, no phone call. I signed for the package at noon today.

12. Owle

Owle Junior Member

They paid stronger than any others I could find at the Baltimore show, spot price for platinum and palladium. I lost over $500 not going to them, which I realized after doing a deal with someone else.

Ultimately what matters is the metal and the price, not fancy schmancy service with perfectly wrapped packages arriving that make us feel like big shots.

So they will have their day in their sun and hopefully will keep others on their toes by treating people right, not having attitudes about not being able to buy from owners of precious metals way behind spot, or ask you how much you want for your coins and bullion. There are plenty of those.

13. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Of the etailers I've dealt with, Provident, Gainesville, Apmex, Goldmart, Mint Products and Golden Eagle, they are my favorite. I try to time the orders with dips later in the week and mail a postal money order. Usually I mail MO out on Saturday, they get it Monday and I have the metal by Friday. I can't say the same for the others, in fact some won't take MOs and even when paying by credit card the shipping is slower. Probably why they get about 70% of my etailer budget and the others get the other 30%. I'll re-iterate that paying with a postal money order is worth the $1.10 to get the goods 10 days faster in my book, your results may vary.

14. tarantella

tarantella New Member

I ordered a package on 4/7 and it's still not done processing.

They seem to have the best prices, though, so I think it's worth it even with the delay.

15. Gipper1985

Gipper1985 Junior Member

I have been very happy with the quality of the product I have received from Provident. I have purchased from them twice and it took about two weeks to receive my order, but I paid by check. I am not sure what method everyone else is using.

16. For those interested, they have a decent price on 2012 2 ounce silver lunar dragons...less than eBay on my last scan. TC

17. tarantella

tarantella New Member

Hey, it just shipped. That's nice to know.

I talked to them yesterday, and apparently they had some trouble finding the Mercury dimes that I wanted. I didn't get that many, and I thought they were supposed to be pretty common. Oh well.

18. Only one left...TC

19. Sold out.

20. Gedon_Althor

Gedon_Althor Member

I bought some copper from them, two 1oz Ron Paul coins, and 2 1/4 oz of others... i liked the designs and the eye appeal. Great service from Provident Metals.
    DSCN2011.jpg

21. tarantella

tarantella New Member

My package has been in my city for two days now and it hasn't arrived at my box. The tracking on their website says "The delivery status for this item has not been updated" as of last night. The people at the post office told me that all the mail to the P.O. boxes arrives at 11:30, so obviously I'm not getting it today either. Either someone dropped the thing into a gutter or stole it. I don't have enough curses for the worthless USPS.

Draft saved Draft deleted