Price for silver bullion?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by zoomer, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Sorry if you took it the wrong way...I was just trying to tell what I have learned.

Untill I have hard proof that there is gold in there I don't think there is---the Gov isn't going to let people in KY have much gold ;)

Speedy

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

There certainly used to be a lot of gold in there Speedy. Whether there still is or not I cannot say with certainty. But I do know that the govt. stopped using Fort Knox as a primary gold depository some years ago.

Today - the largest quantity of gold owned by the US is kept in a bank in NYC.

4. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Right---I have photo proof that there use to be gold in there---but this guy that told me there isn't is a great guy and I have no reason not to trust him....

Now that would make more "cents"---keep it in NYC and not down here in KY.

Speedy

5. Midas

Midas Coin Hoarder

Strategically, there is very good reason to store gold at Ft. Knox. Clue: Look at a map. Think about it...if you were able to break in and steal it, it will take a long to time travel out of the country. (Courtesy of the History Channel)

This is one of the prime reasons why gold is stored here. Throw in an army base and artillery units and I would venture to say, the nations gold is in safe hands.

Of course gold is stored at the Fed bank in NY too. (See the movie Die Hard III).

6. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

If you want to advertise, I think they sell space.

7. nvious23

nvious23 Junior Member

Quit bringing up old posts, I almost got excited when I saw silver a $7.00 oz you can't do that to an older man. lol

Draft saved Draft deleted