Prepping threads have no place in a bullion forum

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by myownprivy, May 12, 2017.

1. oval_man

oval_man Elliptical member

You seem to take a lot of glee in the shortcomings of others.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

To me that's just needling, or simply attempting to make the other person angry, without trying to address the argument at hand. Have a nice day.

4. longarm

You seem to read an awful lot into a simple statement and what's not funny about the mindless masses being controlled by the mass media? Unless you're one of them, then you have my sympathies.

5. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

I know it's a whole paragraph long, but try to read it. You might learn something.

6. longarm

No thanks, I try to stick to the opinions of the ones I respect and not the ones who basically write a bunch of words without saying much. Because after all, I'm just an uneducated blue collar guy and these are the tools of my trade.
    toolsofthetrade.JPG

slackaction1 and longnine009 like this.
  7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It isn't your hobby. No one owns any hobby unless you buy 100 percent of the supply.

Curtisimo, longnine009 and longarm like this.
  8. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

You should try to get all your mandates into a bullion Investing sticky thread. That way we can all strive to be more compliant in your presence.

longarm likes this.
  9. longarm

Maybe the OP is just upset that preppers have bigger stacks, kinda like stack envy.

10. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought these were the tools of your trade.

Attached Files:

micbraun and V. Kurt Bellman like this.
  11. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Impressive home defense tool. Where to get, and how much? o_O
    P.S. lighten up, it's Mother's day. :stop: :)

12. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

This is very quickly becoming one of those arguments where neither side actually comes out ahead. I didn't really expect much new or useful information from the get-go, but the conversation seems to be degrading very quickly.

Personally, I don't prep. I like to camp, hike, fish and hunt. Thus I sometimes see preppers. Normally, they are car camping in base camp, but occasionally I will see one on the trail. They are easy to spot in the back country because they are the one's with enormous backpacks full of unnecessary items.

As far as hobbies go, I can think of many more frivolous. So I don't knock 'em. I really don't understand those who center their lives around prepping. I don't think any specific activity should completely define a person (this goes for music, coins, running, fishing etc - diversify your life, peoples). However, I believe those who have made prepping their sole essence are a minority. Most preppers probably fall into the weekend hobbyist type. It's just easier to make fun of the hardcore element. Let's be honest, extremism in any area is rarely a good thing.

Garlicus and Hope1275 like this.
  13. longarm

That's what you get for thinking, better stick to things you're good at.

longnine009 likes this.
  14. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

Ahh Kurt you watch Family Guy..Good show but that explains some of you posting responses.

15. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Scattered across the US we get episodes of "disasters" where things are throw out of whack. I recall the 2003 Northeast blackout. People went bonkers, unless you've camped at all in your lifetime. No power for anything. No cell phones, no TV, no lights, no electric doors, refrigerators, freezers, ATMs etc.

We were limited in our shortwaves too as we had to plug them into our car batteries for emergency communications, until our cars ran out of gas. Wish I had a solar cell back then.

But if one thing was consistent it was "cash" was king. Your silver 1915 dime was worth precisely TEN Cents just as it is today in any grocery store. So you'd still need another DOLLAR to buy that loaf of bread.

There was still a cash distribution system in place for stores still open.

If it taught anything, it was to have some reserve cash for those "disasters" that do occur. Whether paper currency or coinage. It's all just cash. And keep those bullion stuff stored away as a conversion of cash into wealth.

I was able to still cook food, even make bread and pizza from scratch and cook it outside. We've even had similar more localized events since then, and people now tend to use their BBQ grills a lot when it does.

But the most important part seems that people now know where all the places are to get dry ice.

16. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Major flooding, major Blizzard, major power outages. The more I think about these things I realize I would be screwed because I am not prepared at all. I need a store of cash at home (good old dollar bills), food, and water. I agree with the rational folks that these types of things are what you need to prep for. Junk silver won't mean squat. Long term apocalyptic scenarios I don't worry about because I don't believe civilization would crash at least during my life time.

17. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I guess hoarding junk silver is about the last thing I would do, even if I was prepping for doomsday. By the way, I am married and survived "doomsday" w/o any silver :-D

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  18. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

most preppers I've seen won't be around 6 months after the walgreens pharmacies close.

19. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Live in a hurricane zone. Prepping is a way of life.

coinsareus10 and Nathan401 like this.
  20. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Doubtful. If you keep extra water at the house you are by definition a prepper.

21. longarm

Even though I don't agree with all the doom and gloomers, I think hoarding ANYTHING while it is still readily available hurts no one and actually helps the economy by bringing forward demand. The preppers, who are usually demonized (gee, I wonder why?), are actually helping the economy AND will be making more goods available to their neighbors if/when Edited Language because they have removed themselves as people fighting for the few remaining supplies, also they are encouraging their local grocers to stock more goods due to the higher than "normal" demand from the preppers.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted