Post your silver bullion!!!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by RaceBannon, Apr 9, 2011.

1. tulipone

tulipone Well-Known Member

Thanks Rob. The high relief is the best I have seen. 25 years since the Berlin Wall came down. Time flies.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

4. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Cool design. I went and bought a 2 oz. directly from Scottsdale Mint. I added 1 Maple Leaf and one ASE to make the shipping cost a little less per item. Can't wait to get it.

I have Dansco's for the ASE's and ML's. I already have the 2015's, but what the heck.

5. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I like that coin design as well. I haven't seen it in the U.S..

My sister bought me a beer stein from Germany that has a colored piece of the Berlin wall attached to the flapper. It's neat.

6. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Dumb question...how do we/you know these non-mint gold or silver rounds/coins are actually silver/gold ??

7. tulipone

I guess much of it is trust.

I buy from a reputable dealer after checking that it is available from at least one vendor. I have a rare earth magnet - but if I'm honest don't like the idea of scratching the surface of the coin by sliding it and use a sheet of paper between the magnet and coin. Weight is easy to check.

That said, unless you actually check the metal content under the surface I suspect very few folk would really know - and even then you have to trust the mint that they bought in the right quality metal.

8. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Speaking of weights, do any of you have or carry around one of those new digital measuring scales that cost anywhere from $20 - $50 ? I would think weight would be the easiest thing to fake in a counterfeit but apparently not. Plus, if a coin is in a slab not sure if you can measure that.

Any recommendations on getting one or if it's a waste, let me know.

9. tulipone

I would imagine that just about everyone has digital scales. I guess mainly down to drug buyers/vendors, they are cheap and easy to obtain.

10. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

If you don't mind my asking, where did you buy this from?

11. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

I walked in on customer appreciation day at the LCS. All six for 85 FRN's. Actually the customer appreciation day was the day I was in buying a coin. I didn't get the free ASE that day. So the LCS gave me the ASE on a day I bought bullion.

I like buy 5 get 1 free days.

silver bullion 002.JPG

12. tulipone

13. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

Thanks tulipone. :D

14. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

very nice

gronnh20 likes this.
  15. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

Took advantage of the dip today. Grabbed $5 FV @ 13.15x
    image.jpg

16. Jaredbd

Jaredbd Active Member

17. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

My first purchase in over 8 months. It looks like the N is doubled or is that just they way it is minted? I've never noticed that before on an ASE.

Hope Center 339.JPG Hope Center 337.JPG Hope Center 337.JPG Hope Center 338.JPG

18. bsowa1029

Just a local shop

19. bsowa1029

20. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

My only "cool" bullion, all I have are ASE.
    cnanada.jpg

21. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

I hope more experts chime in. I had a D/D 1964 Kennedy AU. The ASE is my first purchase after I had to sell my whole collection over 8 months ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted