Post your silver bullion!!!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by RaceBannon, Apr 9, 2011.

1. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. shawni

shawni Member

Hard to read.. What is the one on the bottom right?

4. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

If anyone is considering purchasing one of these, they should research them well, as there are two versions that look almost identical. One is silver and the other is cupro-nickel, and they even weigh exactly the same. Why in the world would they make 2 identical coins that you can't tell apart, and on top of that, mint them to weigh the same? I looked into these to see how much one of these would cost. They are priced as high as $350, but a silver one sold on eBay today for under $50. The seller said it was the silver version, but it made me wonder whether or not anyone might try selling the cupro-nickel version in place of the silver version. There are a couple of distinguishing differences, but unless you have one of each to see the difference, you won't be able to tell which one is which.
    Just some food for thought in case anyone considers buying one. Maybe Lance or someone else could help, or just buy one slabbed.
    Chuck

5. dave92029

dave92029 Member

Gettysburg ATB - How would it grade @ NGC?

How do you think this coin would grade @ NGC?

Attached Files:

6. awwatchdog1

awwatchdog1 Member

7. hyperinflation

hyperinflation New Member

8. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

9. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

Great! Really liked this! Too bad the lighting wasn't a little better, but still enjoyed it. Very nice collection. Being a dog owner, gotta ask this question. What's the Dalmations name?

10. awwatchdog1

awwatchdog1 Member

Dogs name is Florian - like the St florian coin... im a firefighter and with St Florian being the patron... I removed the video - will repost a new one in better lighting... and better scripted

11. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

Awesome Coca-Cola silver art bar IMO. That particular Coca-Cola silver art bar is very hard to find locally. It was minted by the World Wide Mint. I looked through a Coca-Cola silver art bar price guide that I have and it mentioned that there were 1,200 of these minted.

12. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

Thanks.
    That's my favorite.
    My others, and most of the Coke bars in general for that matter, are nowhere near as ornate.

13. TouchOfGrey

TouchOfGrey Member

Here is my entire modest collection of silver. I have become somewhat obsessed recently with searching for silver, so hopefully this will grow. Sorry for the low quality picture, took it with my phone, but really wanted to post to this thread.

Attached Files:

14. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

Oh well. ya got some silver and that's what counts. And every great collection has to have a starting point and you have a good start. It will grow. Little here, little there and you'll be surprised at how much you can aquire. See ya got a carded Australian Ounce of silver there. Is that a Kookaburra or a Kangaroo? Whichever, they're nice.

15. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

Attached Files:

16. TouchOfGrey

TouchOfGrey Member

It's the Kookaburra. I actually got that one when I was younger. I got into collecting when I was young because my grandfather collects, so somehow I wound up wanting that one, glad I did now. It's a 1993.

17. dave92029

dave92029 Member

2011 Glacier ATB 5 oz.

2011 Glacier ATB 5 oz.

I think I like the shinnyBullion Coins vs the Unc. P versions. :thumb:

What's your preference?

Attached Files:

18. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

LOVE IT! The detail on the reverse is spectacular.

Haven't decided which type I prefer. Need to compare them next to each other in hand.

19. hyperinflation

20. hyperinflation

Terrible image quality from my blackberry.

21. hyperinflation

finally debt free so Ill Will be adding large amounts this summer.

Draft saved Draft deleted