Post your silver bullion!!!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by RaceBannon, Apr 9, 2011.

1. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

1928 "P" Peace

Not really bullion, but one of my favorite pieces.

Attached Files:

LA_Geezer, capthank and Trimbit like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

2009 ASE proof

Yep, the one that the US Mint didn't feel important enough to produce in '09.

Attached Files:

4. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

1944 Un Peso

Bought a few silver pesos this year.
    I really like the script on the edge.

Attached Files:

5. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Nice guys. I just sold off a LOT of my silver Barbers, Mercs , Walkers, Frankies, Kennedy's,. Still some left though. Will post later when I'm around my camera. I was a fool though. If I would have waited 8 more months I would have doubled my money :(

6. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

2010 20 Ameros

2010 20 Ameros is really nice in hand.
    Wasn't sure when I ordered, but glad I got it.

Attached Files:

7. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

8. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

My favorite bullion form are my 4 complete American Silver Eagle sets.

I have 3 complete sets in albums
    ASE_Dansco8.jpg

And 1 set in NGC MS69 slabs, a collection I got for a good price.

ASE_BoxSet_NGC_MS69.png

9. awwatchdog1

awwatchdog1 Member

10. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

Saudi Arabia & misc

Parents got me this one from Saudi over 30 years ago,
    and I stumbled across it the other day. + some misc.

Attached Files:

11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

SirCharlie;
    That's one heck of a mirrored finish on the Saudi piece. Is that it's standard finish or more of a collectors grade?

12. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

WingedLiberty;
    FYI: Your link is not working, you may want to look at that.

13. Incarnate

Incarnate New Member

I love this thread!! But why post your cache for the world to see?? I'm sure there are crooks looking at all these posts.

14. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

Thanks. My dad was a consultant for Bell helicopter many years ago in Saudi Arabia, and picked that up for me when they lived there. It was in an airtite, but somebody got into it and handled it at some time. You can see the prints. I ran across it in a very old shaving kit I had stowed away. It was in that kit many many years and I had forgotten about it. It does have really nice fields, but I don't know much about it, or even what it says, lol.

I didn't mean to hoard the thread. It's been a long time since I posted, and there is a new system to download pics now, so I was trying it out, hehee.
    I've been busy and have only been here a couple times since I renewed and paid my dues in December, lol

15. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

I love this thread!! But why post your cache for the world to see?? I'm sure there are crooks looking at all these posts.

Don't reveal your personal information, and nobody will know who you are.
    Besides, 99% of my collection is in safety deposit boxes at the bank.

16. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

17. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

18. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

Sircharlie, that Saudi proof coin is beautiful! Those fields add a whole new meaning to the term 'mirror like.'

19. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

Thanks, and to think that it has been stuck in my old shaving kit for 20-30? years or so. A friend found out a little bit more about it just in case anybody happens to be curious about it.

SAUDI ARABIA 2 Oz Silver Proof Medal 1975 King Faisal
    62g, .925 silver proof medal with original box.

50mm in diameter.

1975: Saudi's King Faisal assassinated

King Faisal of Saudi Arabia died from a gun attack in Riyadh.

20. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

My first #1 issue silver art bar...................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is a 1-oz "LA County Fair 1980" silver art bar (AGSC-2). It was minted in 1980 by American Gold & Silver Corporation. There were 275 of these were minted. I won this ebay auction last week and I paid a total of $82.99 for it (spot was $45.23/oz at that time). The serial number is on the reverse side (see second picture). Serial # 1 (of 275). This art bar was not on my silver art bar wish list but it got my attention and I decided to bid on it because it was the first one of the 275 that were minted. During the almost 3 years that I have been collecting silver art bars, this is only the 3rd time that I have seen a #1 issue art bar on ebay. I have never seen a #1 issue of any art bar on the local level. #1 issue bars are interesting to collect because it is the first minted bar and it always feels good to get the first bar of a particular title.

21. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Akin to getting the #1 serial number on a piece of paper money. Nicely done, and I think reasonably priced.

Draft saved Draft deleted