Post your silver bullion!!!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by RaceBannon, Apr 9, 2011.

1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Ok, here's a couple of mine. A 1984 Libertad and a 1973 World Trade Unit. :thumb:

Attached Files:

Jason Hoffpauir likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

I'm one but I wasn't collecting then. Too busy working and providing for my family and ignorant of PM's.

4. Canarche

Canarche Junior Member

Strange coins

A little kick-in from Europe. Some time ago I got my fingers into something I did`nt know anything about. The Panda was "torched" by a german dealer, and the ring Lib is still a mystery. Billede020.jpg Billede 010.jpg

5. 9guns

9guns Junior Member

it reaCTS TO a magnet, it rings pretty sweet but if your in the field looking at it and dont have a real one to compare to its really tought to tell that its fake.

6. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

Japanese silver art from the 1980's............................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is a 1-oz "U.S. Postage - Five Cents" silver art bar. While this was not on my silver art bar wish list, I bought it because of the interesting shape of this silver art bar. It is shaped like a large postage stamp. I also like the smooth enameled finish that makes it great to look at. I had to use the flash feature of my digital camara to get a decent shot of front side of this bar because the enamel surface area is too dark to take pictures of it in the outside natural light. If I tried to take the picture without the flash, then it would be too dark to see the enameled detail on the front side of this art bar.

When I first bought this ar bar, I did not know anything about it except that it was made in Japan. I had to email another silver art bar collector to give me what information he had on this bar. One of my silver art bar price guides also had some limited information on this silver art bar.

The 6th edition of the guidebook called "An Indexed Guide Book of Silver Art Bars" mentions that this art bar is part of a 50-bar set. The 6th edition book does not list all of the bars in the set but there are a couple of illustrations of the bars that have the same reverse type as mine. I do not know exacly what year this was minted but I suspect that it was minted in the early 1980's because the two bars mentioned in the guidebook were minted in 1981 and 1982. The mintage number is unknown since there is no mintage number listed in the art bar guidebook.

I bought this silver art bar at a coin show that I went to in Dalton, Georgia last Friday (April 15) and I paid $50 for it (4-15-2011 spot silver = $43.05/oz). Serial # 33.

A very interesting silver art bar IMO. :)

7. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

P1010349.jpg P1010329.jpg I just added this to my bullion pile but I also looked at it as a collector piece. I just photographed it tonight and put it into my spread sheet program. I have to renew my bank box, so it will be tucked away when I go there tomorrow afternoon.

8. claygump

claygump New Member

In honor of silver breaking $44 I'm posting some junk silver rolls.
    IMGP0491.jpg

9. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

Nice stuff Claygump. l like the tubes.

Here's some more.
    Silver halves, 90% silver on the table, 40% silver in the tubes.

Let's see some more gang!
    Before silver hits $50.

Attached Files:

10. vtvick777

vtvick777 Member

Spartan, are you from the future or something? The date on your pictures is like a month from now. Any chance you could tell us what silver is at a month from now? :)

11. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

The enthusiasm for this thread tapered of quite rapidly...right about the time silver dropped by $5/oz.

I wonder if there is a correlation?:rolleyes:

12. SilverCeder

SilverCeder Active Member

Lol.Maybe a tad bit..... I would be MORE enthusiastic if silver dropped to $20.00 again so I could afford more! Especially with the ATB series going.... I want all the bullion versions but it sickens me to think of how much it may cost..........lol

13. dan8802

dan8802 New Member

Nice! I'm supprised more people havn't posted 90%

14. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

I don't think so. I noticed a huge drop off in pics and replies right after the PhotoBucket issues began. Before that, everybody was all gung ho and excited about posting, then it really backed off. I know that not everyone uses PhotoBucket, but it seems that was the turning point. I still have a few items to post and will probably this next weekend. Is posting 90% OK?

15. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

It's also, how many times do you find looking at the same ASE's or ounces of Silver, interesting? It's just a question of how many and what color rug they are on.

16. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

17. claygump

claygump New Member

Thanks all. However I can't take any credit. It was all my Grandfathers doing. He used to be a pretty avid stamp/coin collector. He passed in 1969. Its a shame because I think we would have really had a good time getting into this hobby together. He didn't really have any one coin that was very rare but he certainly knew it would be worthwhile to squirrel away those pre '64 coins. I moved them from paper rolls to tubes thinking it would be easier to sell. I've had every intention to sell the whole lot but silver kept going up!

I've got another bunch of about 300 coins in 2x2's however I need to figure out if there are any that are key's before I lump them together.

I guess the real question will be if any of my children or future grandkids will ever be interested in the stuff I've been acquiring.

18. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Real nice Libertad Salty. How long have you been collecting Mexicans ??? Here is an 1844. QUOTE=saltysam-1;1159867] View attachment 120357 View attachment 120358 I just added this to my bullion pile but I also looked at it as a collector piece. I just photographed it tonight and put it into my spread sheet program. I have to renew my bank box, so it will be tucked away when I go there tomorrow afternoon.[/QUOTE]
    IMG_1111.jpg IMG_1112.jpg

19. claygump

claygump New Member

20. awwatchdog1

awwatchdog1 Member

silverstuff.jpg silver, gold, norfed silver, shiresilver, junk, silver notes, ect

21. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

1947 Cuauhtemoc

One of my favorite bullion coins.

Attached Files:

Jason Hoffpauir likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted