Post your silver bullion!!!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by RaceBannon, Apr 9, 2011.

1. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2021
    Cinco71 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Eric the Red likes this.
  4. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

5. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

20211115_214615.jpg

6. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

edited

7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

8. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

Called my friend and asked him where he got that round and he said SDbullion.

longnine009 and Eric the Red like this.
  9. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood!

Unfortunately, your photo didn't post but it really doesn't matter. It is practically impossible to judge whether a coin is MS70 or not from a photo because the tiniest little nick can drop it to MS69.

11. WLH22

WLH22 Well-Known Member

New add yesterday with a "Roll" of graded Peace Dollars (posted in coin thread).
    10 oz E.jpeg

12. Nolan Workman

Nolan Workman Well-Known Member

13. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

14. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I love the $1 ASEs, but I only buy those with a mint mark even if it costs almost double what they advertise the bullion coins on TV. If an ASE has a mint mark, it is fare game for me. The only ASE that I have are 3 that my father bought years ago. I doubt if its more than face value, but they are nice. He had 6 1988 No MM ASEs. My brother got 3 and I got 3. I think my father bought them in the "plastic" coin holders. They are nice, but, like I said, I only collect ASEs with a Mint Mark.
    My question is... Are the ASEs without the mint mark those that they bought head of the ones we get, although ours have a Mint Mark.
    I really like the ASEs that have been shown. Thanks for taking the time to show them to us.

15. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

why do you care about a "mint mark"?

16. Chip Kirkpatrick

Chip Kirkpatrick Well-Known Member

I have some beef bullion…. It’s in little squares. Anybody want to see pictures of that?

Kentucky and Eric the Red like this.
  17. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Saw it, and had to have it, some purchases just go that way.

20211126_155057.jpg 20211126_155251.jpg

18. Jim Dale

The same reason that I buy Proof coins. I like them. I see that many of the coin dealers that bought their ASEs directly from the Mint, sell their coins for the same price (maybe a little less) that I pay for the Proof coins. I don't buy ASEs for the silver content, I buy my ASEs for their beauty. I do buy the Uncirculated ASE with the MM. At 73, soon t be 74, I doubt that I will sell my coins to get rich.
    I wonder how many members of CT, buy their ASEs from television programs or magazines, or other places that sell them. I very seldom buy a coin through ebay, although I did a while back and the sellers were honest in their descriptions of their coins, however, to protect myself, I seldom buy coins unless they are graded.
    So.. "Why do I care about a "mint mark"? I just like to know where the coin came from. Thanks for asking.

19. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :)

Kentucky likes this.
  20. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

Some new silver that I've picked up recently.
    1.jpg c.jpg 11.jpg

21. Jim Dale

Tell me why you buy ASEs? Maybe I'm looking (or saying) it differently. Anyway, if you can't laugh at yourself, what's the use?

Draft saved Draft deleted