Post your silver bullion!!!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by RaceBannon, Apr 9, 2011.

1. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

1993 Kook set w/eagle privy

kook set w eage privy rev.jpg kook set w eagle privy obv.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

Oops. The ATBs are very hard to shoot. I'm pretty happy with the grades, considering this was the worst set I got. I sent my others to PCGS. I'm disappointed the Mount Hood was a 66, but George did have a couple of small scratches on his head.

Attached Files:

4. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

5. eddyk

eddyk New-mismatist

These are the 2 I had in the Mail (see reply 194)

'Collectible Bullion'

[​IMG]
    2010 Proof Britannia

[​IMG]
    2011 Proof Britannia

longshot likes this.
  6. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

I love that Britannia 1 oz silver! The reverse especially hearkens back to a former coin of the British Empire with a more Humble pedigree....

Attached Files:

• 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      262.4 KB
      Views:
  7. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

Those Brittania's are so, so sweet! Love em!

8. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

9. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

SirCharlie, overall, the grades are pretty nice. Can't ask for much more than mostly 69's. Congrats on the coins.

10. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

Thanks. I just checked, and PCGS just posted my last raw set. Hopefully I'll get those back in a week or so.
    I guess I shouldn't complain there either. First I've seen of 66 or 67 DMPLs.

MS66DMPL Hot Springs
    MS69PL Yellowstone
    MS68PL Yosemite
    MS66PL Grand Canyon
    MS67DMPL Mount Hood

11. eddyk

eddyk New-mismatist

You have spurred me to purchase a 2007 Kangaroo Proof. Tonight I saw one come up on ebay for £85 ($140), it was the cheapest one I had ever seen come up on eBay. They are very rare in the UK.
    I will have all 3 of the artist series of Kangaroo coins then, and 8 different Kangaroo coins.

Next up is the 2010 High Relief Kangaroo.

12. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Oops wrong thread!

13. eddyk

eddyk New-mismatist

Should I return this? It's quite speckled.

The photo has accentuated the problem quite a bit and it doesn't look as bad in hand... however It's still noticeable.

I tried to open the capsule and that thing was sealed tight, it was obvious it had never been opened before... so it came like this from the mint.

[​IMG]

The problem I have though, is that it's the first one I have come across in about 2 years... and for such a low price. If I return it I might never happen upon one again.... certainly not at the price I paid.

14. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

Did it originally come in some form of cardboard packaging from the mint? Or did it come out of an album before being sealed in the Air-Tite? Those specks almost look like they could be cardboard residue. I've seen similiar specks that turned out to be tiny chunks of cardboard that were easily wiped off.
    If you check the specks above the "E" in "ONE DOLLAR", it looks like you are getting some kind of mirror effect, which leads me to believe the specks may even be on the inner surface of the Air Tite holder.

15. Nikki83

Nikki83 New Member

LOL-The post above reminds me of the 1987 Constitution silver dollar I received yesterday. I freaked out b/c I saw the mint mark was smudged only to find out that the smudge was on the plastic covering.

16. eric0911

eric0911 SMS-71

[​IMG]
    $1 face Barbers I got for melt the other day

longshot likes this.
  17. dave92029

dave92029 Member

Numismatic or Bullion - depends on price of silver

These are selling based on their silver content /bullion....

Attached Files:

18. Collector1966

Collector1966 Senior Member

I love Barber dimes, ever since I bought my first one (a 1910) for 30 cents back in 1967! What are the dates/mints of your dimes?

19. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

NGC notified me yesterday that it is graded and sent me the pics. I sure thought that it would have graded MS, but they only gave it an AU-58. Maybe I should wait until I get it back in-hand before saying anything, but from looking at their pics, I'm not convinced that they are sending my back my original coin. Has anyone ever received a different coin than what they sent in for grading?

Perhaps it graded correctly, but when I see others graded AU-58, mine looks much better.

Chuck

Attached Files:

20. Collector1966

Collector1966 Senior Member

Judging from the marks above "DOLLAR" and to the southwest of the last A in AMERICA, the two sets of pictures seem to be the same coin to me. However, I can't see the wear that would downgrade it to an AU-58.

21. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

Thanks. I was wondering if it was just me being partial to it because it's mine, and was hoping to see what some other Peace collectors thought about the grade.
    It probably is my coin. I was not expecting such grainy pics from NGC. Wonder if I dare send it to PCGS....
    Chuck

Draft saved Draft deleted