Post your silver bullion!!!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by RaceBannon, Apr 9, 2011.

1. skbrooks1369

skbrooks1369 Active Member

I'm not too worried about my SDB. It's only until I've finished my bunker with automated laser turrets anyway :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ValpoBeginner

ValpoBeginner Well Known Supporter

4. ValpoBeginner

5. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Although this piece has a better value as a numismatic item, I'm putting it in my inventory as bullion. At one ounce .999 fine silver it qualifies. It's listed as United States Silver Currency Coinage in the Unusual World Coins catalog Item X#219. I don't know how the government feels about that but Krause Publications doesn't seem to mind. Maybe they (Krause) likes to stir the pot a little. P1010211.JPG
    P1010203.JPG

dwhiz, ValpoBeginner and furryfrog02 like this.
  6. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

"ValpoBeginner,

What is that item you are using as a holder in your first post? I can't say I have seen anything like it in any other picture.

7. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

From an inside source, I heard that up to 10,000 "SHIFTING GEARS" will be distributed thru Apmex and JMBullion in 2016.

But I doubt they'll be as nice as this edge-numbered limited-mintage Proof example that I recently bought:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rassi, Blaubart, spirityoda and 2 others like this.
  8. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I do like the look of it and the balance of the design. I'm not sure if I would pay the $10+ over spot for it. I'm not a collector of art rounds. If you are, then it's definitely worth your while.

9. ValpoBeginner

Sorry it took me so long, been super busy.

There is no holder in that picture, if you are referring to the art medal featuring the Pandas and baboon. I just have it sitting on a wooden coaster for the photo.

Under normal storage conditions I just have it in an H holder, (i think that is the letter), and then it is surrounded by desiccants.

I do rig up several uncommon size bullion pieces, in less than optimal containers, by buying the next size up and then by cutting the rubbery matting after drawing it out with a compass. It works just fine, and manages to stay air tight.

10. COCollector

ValpoBeginner likes this.
  11. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I got this one in the mail today. I love the design.
    2016 Trivium Girls Round.jpg

12. COCollector

I'm guessing the Canadian Mint is, um, flattered by this Silver Shield design...

[​IMG]

13. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

I have one of those in the 5 oz. SBSS-1.JPG SBSS-2.JPG

14. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

Stake them if you got them!

15. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

America the Beautiful 5 oz ATB.JPG

16. CHUCKCXB

CHUCKCXB Active Member

just got a roll of 2016s to add to 2015 roll

17. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

18. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

dwhiz likes this.
  19. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

P1010371.JPG P1010359.JPG I thought I would be different. Instead of buying the bullion round, I bought the die that strikes them. It weighs in at 5 1/2 pounds. Has a diameter of 3 1/2" (89mm to be exact) Made from hardened tempered steel and is for a 1/2 lb silver bullion round.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  20. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

well my question to all, Is this a real silver bar ? DSC00105 (2).JPG DSC00106 (2).JPG

spirityoda likes this.
  21. COCollector

spirityoda and bear32211 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted