Post pics of your collection!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Pixeldragon389, Jul 4, 2017.

1. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

Amazing, Bob! What a collection!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Curtisimo likes this.
  4. Pixeldragon389

Pixeldragon389 New Member

Yeah..... This post has evolved from "Whole collection" to "Best pieces".

5. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

6. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I would, but my office is too cramped to get a decent picture of the entire safe in one shot. And I am not sure I am allowed to take pictures of the safe deposit box which holds the valuable ones.

7. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

I wonder how many people go from collecting Mercury Dimes to RR silver!!!!!!! The design language between your avatar coin and your dime is very cool. I honestly think the redesigns done in the early 20th century, with the exception of the Lincoln cent, produced the best design in US coinage in general. I actually like the Lincoln cent as a design but I don't like the precedent of dead presidents on our coinage.

Curtisimo likes this.
  8. Tyler Graton

Tyler Graton Well-Known Member

Wow.... I am so jealous.

9. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

I'm going to post this 1981-S Lincoln, I think it's rather unique. DSC03759 (2).JPG DSC03760 (2).JPG

Tyler Graton likes this.
  10. Tyler Graton

bear32211 likes this.
  11. bear32211

The toning is cool to me. Kinda has a proof look to it. Nice shine.

Tyler Graton likes this.
  12. Tyler Graton

Yes I believe you are correct. Sanfran didn't mint buisness strike coins in the 80s. I believe they were strictly proof coins

bear32211 likes this.
  13. bear32211

That is what I was hoping but a proof/toned Lincoln ?

14. Tyler Graton

Yeah it looks toned to me but I am not sure about toning that much. Like I know there's a lot of different types of ways it can be toned but it sure if that's a mint toner or just damage. I would post that question in coin chat though, someone should know more about it there

bear32211 likes this.
  15. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Those are great pics @bear32211
    Good job of catching the change in color,
    Nice 81'S, I would welcome it into my collection;.

bear32211 likes this.
  16. bear32211

Yeah think I'll do that so the experts can fill me in.

17. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

My smaller collection of Francisci coins and related artwork.

20160930_074930_resized.jpg

18. Pixeldragon389

Pixeldragon389 New Member

Sorry, lordmarcovan, even though I would like some neat things, I don't give my address out to anyone I haven't met in person.

19. red_spork

red_spork Triumvir monetalis

Rather than trying to pick one to post here, all mine are in the link in my signature and I invite you to take a peek. My collection is focused on the Roman Republic and spans from some of the earliest types made in Rome that can actually be called "coins" circa 280 B.C. to the battle of Actium in 31 B.C.. Many entries have a decent bit of information attached as well if you're interested in the significance of the type and of course feel free to ask questions directly if you want more info. Enjoy!

20. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I just found a "Ruptured Duck" pin (like the ones in the right side of your photo) in a bulk lot of exonumia and junk drawer stuff. Previously had found one with my metal detector, so I knew what it was this time. When I dug the one from the ground, I did not initially know what it was, but that eagle screamed "De Francisci" right away. and helped my in my Google research. Of course the full-gilt one I found in the bulk lot looks better than the ground find.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  21. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

This is what makes the hunt so fun - learning about where the cool stuff came from!

Nice find!

Draft saved Draft deleted