[Poll] BONUS! #8 Cucumbor vs #10 Ancient Aussie - CIT 2017

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Curtisimo, Apr 24, 2017.

?

Please vote on the coin you think wins in each of the following categories. 3 votes per voter

Poll closed Apr 28, 2017.
  1. Eye appeal (#8 Cucumbor)

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Value for money (#8 Cucumbor)

47 vote(s)
    81.0%
  3. Historical or numismatic interest (#8 Cucumbor)

32 vote(s)
    55.2%
  4. Eye appeal (#10 Ancient Aussie)

52 vote(s)
    89.7%
  5. Value for money (#10 Ancient Aussie)

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. Historical or numismatic interest (#10 Ancient Aussie)

26 vote(s)
    44.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

IMG_4226.JPG
    Q beat me to the punch on the announcement but my first thought after tallying the final score this morning is WOW! I don't quite know what to say about that amazing contest... talk about a photo finish!
    IMG_4250.GIF

Results:

SILVER MEDALIST @Cucumbor: 86
    BRONZE MEDALIST @Ancient Aussie: 85

AA's beautiful and rare tridrachm scored big on eye appeal and Q's amazing family story could not be challenged on value! Both coiners showcased their coin's amazing history with unparalleled write ups but in the end a slight advantage on the interest category decided this one in favor of the venerable Q!

Thanks for playing you guys and thanks to everyone else for voting. I haven't tallied the total but I suspect this is a voting participation record!

Make sure to check out the championship match and be on the lookout for our tournament triumph which should be a very fun time :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

4. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Congratulations, Q! You too, AA. Thanks for a good show :)

5. Cucumbor

You're very welcome @TIF

Q

Alegandron, TIF and Curtisimo like this.
  6. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

That was fricken awesome!! ... man, if only Oki's little sister had rallied her Girl Guide friends, eh?!

7. Cucumbor

My wife has 4 brothers and sisters
    My associate has 8 kids

They were all ready for action :)

Q

8. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Congratulations Cucumbor, that was one fantastic coin and family history related to it. Also a special big thanks to Curtisimo for making my amature photoe's more presentible for this contest he is a real whizz in that field, and also I am sure I and all the other fellow contestants and participants are very grateful for you making this tournament possible and all the work you are putting into it. :D

Cucumbor, Alegandron and Curtisimo like this.
  9. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Congratulations to BOTH you all! Wonderful coins! @Cucumbor and @Ancient Aussie displayed awesome coins and a fun competion. Well done!

10. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

What a brilliant matchup and an incredible photo finish! Congrats to Q and Ancient Aussie as well. Those were two incredible coins with great stories and histories to go along with them!

11. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Cucumbor, man it was ever so close, a photo finish. Ancient Aussie also deserves a big hand for making it a hard fought contest:happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted