PM's in a nose dive today

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Vess1, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Is anybody disappointed? I'm actually glad to see a pull back. A lot of people have predicted it. I traded in a decent amount of silver at $41 on numismatic items this summer. It feels pretty good now.

I hope they keep going down. Maybe we'll have a small window of sanity to get a few things at great prices again before the rocket launches out of sight.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Buy, baby, buy!

4. petro89

petro89 Member

Yep..planning on buying again too

5. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

I'm liking it also. Do you think it is end-of-the-year tax selling or more of a continuation of the trend we have been seeing over the past couple of months?

6. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

I will reiterate what i said earlier looking at charts both Gold and Silver will continue their declines'. But i would buy up any coins in my want list that are available for spot however people in the bay are still bidding like Gold is @ 2k :)....

7. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I was fortunate to sell high as well. Both some gold and silver. I also sold some silver that I felt I paid a high price for, and recovered it's initial cost. I was guessing there would be collector value in the pieces but that never materialized. Now I'll rethink some purchases I have put off. This was all just good luck and not financial genius.

8. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

Buy on the dips. I'm planning on buying again.

9. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Sold out at $49.00 a while back. Took some real nice profits. Gonna put it all back in next week!

10. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

I agree, its a refreshing change. I don't anticipate seeing the pullback last too much longer. I will pick some up this Friday.

11. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

"In summary, most analysts feel the strong underlying fundaments which lifted silver to new heights in 2011 have not changed, even though April's record has since been slashed by more than 40%, leaving values languishing $1.85 lower versus where 2010 ended, around $28.78/oz.

"We are still using fiat money and (sovereign) debt levels are still extremely high. The debts have to be paid or defaulted on. Either way, that means significantly reduced economic activity world-wide," said independent analyst Hubert Moolman. "That likely also means another big stock market crash. Before this happens, it would be foolish to talk about a top in precious metals," because these conditions are precisely what will drive silver prices significantly higher."

From KITCO, so consider the source, I just happen to agree with them in this case.

12. Raoul duke

Raoul duke Member

Going to get some silver eagles today and maybe a canadian grizzley or two, wish I had enough for a nice 1oz pamp gold bar :).

13. iGradeMS70

iGradeMS70 AKA BustHalfBrian

:eek:ff-topic: ... Everytime I stumble across one of these "PM"-related threads, I always think they're regarding Private Messages (abv. PM) here at CT. :goofer:

-Brian

14. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

Bought at 35 or so. Not worried about it at all. I'll continue buying well into the 50's-60s.

15. Danr

Danr Numismatist

makes wish that I had some $

16. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

I think I've decided starting next year, I'm gonna buy at least two ASE minimum each month going forward, maybe set these aside from my regular collection as an investment collection, since I usually just collect, don't collect for investment. :)

17. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

As soon as silver hits $12/Oz, I'm back'n up the truck!

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Stopped by my local B&M today, he follows P&M prices closely and adjusts his junk silver accordingly. Picked up some low grade Morgans (6) and Peace dollars (7) for $21.00 each. A dozen Walkers for $9.50 each. Told me to come back in a week, he's thinking another $3 to $4 per oz drop by then.

19. Raoul duke

Raoul duke Member

Another $3-4 per oz drop? dang, guess I'll have to get some more then. Went and picked up five 2011 silver eagles today, they sure are beautiful straight out of that mint roll!

20. fatima

fatima Junior Member

The significance of the MF Global debacle has yet to be realized by most people. Volume has disappeared from futures trading of gold and silver and hence, the banksters are in full shakedown mode of anyone who remains. It's forcing down the price of paper gold and silver.

It's a great buying opportunity. Prices won't be allowed to stay low unless they are ready for all the gold in the West to flow to the East.

21. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

I'm just happy I was able to sell what I needed to before it dropped...

Draft saved Draft deleted