PM market exploding

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by masterswimmer, Jun 20, 2019.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Well, someone thinks something's going on:

gold-spike-20190620.png

Sweet dreams, everyone... :nailbiting:

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I hate to agree but I agree.

4. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

The title of this thread is wrong. Should be GOLD exploding. Plat doing nothing. Palladium doing what its been doing for a long time. Silver actually down in the overnights, up about 4% since this started. Gold up $35 more tonight and over 15% in the last 2 weeks.

GOLD exploding.

5. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I agree. So you gonna sell any ? I think I am as I can get full spot at LCS tommorow.

6. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

That's a good point

7. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

No 100% is because of that drone and when this blows over Gold loses the gain.

8. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

That's true, at least that's what I'm thinking! :D

Go for it, but you better get there early. :D

9. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

No. I didn’t sell in 2011 and won’t be selling now. It would feel like I was stealing from the grandkids if I did.

10. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

If you're truly a "collector", you may have a problem deciding where to invest your funds from the sale.

3 days ago when I believed that there was a trend to increase the price of Gold, I decided I'd Sell/Buy/Hold.

I located 4 type I, and type II NGC certified better date coins that had been returned with an improper "details" label without any visible indications. Only one had die polish lines/marks that led to devices without any device indications. I then located four nice CAC approved MS Double Eagles being offered by prominent dealers. I offered the "detail" coins to an associate for melt + $20 each. He immediately jumped at the chance to acquire the 3 civil war era and 1 shortly thereafter dated Double Eagle coins.

My nice CACed 2 St. Gaudens, and 2 Liberty Double Eagles are ordered at a fair market price, waiting for my personal checks to arrive. My coin sale cash funds will be received and deposited on Monday, waiting for the CAC coins payment checks to arrive.

Dealers, whom I often do business with, sold 4 coins from their inventory. My local associate is purchasing top tier certified better date coins in AU+ condition at ~$30 each less than spot. I'll have 4 more coin upgrade replacements, virtually Gem condition, CACed Double Eagles in my "collection".

A quick believed Win-Win effort.

JMHO

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  11. Tim Sweet

Tim Sweet Member

Well if you believe the hype-sters - "Due to world demand on silver, it could rise to $200 an oz!!!" Which they've been saying for the last 5 years plus. There's lots of market manipulation when it comes to PM. I think just last year Silver was over $19.00 an oz. Sold some then...keeping my silver now. (Not a Prepper) :cow:

12. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

No reason to sell silver, its actually falling. All this world drama and silver is DOWN 25 cents today (~1.5%) while Gold is up huge again. Its just further proof if something insanely crazy did happen, Gold would explode and silver might go up a dollar or two. Silver has practically no upside potential. And no, silver was never $19 last year.

13. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

That's why I love owning gold!! ;) A little to wear and some to sell when the price is right! :D Not yet for me, but hopefully within my lifetime! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted