PLEASE READ.....UPDATE 12/31/2010 AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5oz bullion at DILLON GAGE

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by rjbeck, Dec 31, 2010.

1. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

The ATB status page I was watching at Provident Metals became a dead link so I sent the following inquiry to them...

They replied with...

:so-sad:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mach330

mach330 Junior Member

It is such bs that all these companies say we can't carry these anymore or we don't know when we are going to start selling them.. If they would quit being greedy and sell to the public for what the mint wants them too, there would be 1000's and 1000's of them out there and you wouldn't see sets going for $2, 3, 4,000. And I for one would have a lot more faith in the Mint and coin dealers.

4. JJK78

JJK78 Member

What a load of BS - I told you they found a loophole and now noone gets em for the prices the mint assigned. I guess I can only be so mad as I did get my set from APMEX but resold it as quality of coins wasn't very good, Now I just want a graded one to keep at a reasonable price...

5. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

I was thinking when I first saw the actual pictures of those things on ebay the quality didn't look so good; I'm glad you confirmed that. Just think how crappy the other 67,000 might have looked if that had actually produced them. Your set may have been the pick of the litter of what they are releasing.

Maybe they should outsource these to the Mexican mint, as they do an excellent job on the 5 ounce libertads (both BU and proof) they produce every year.

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I have no position, as I am neither a seller nor a buyer of this issue, but as usual, I do have a comment. I am in agreement with the distributors, as I believe the mint is wrong to set a price. They started these programs with the distributors to insure they could sell products at their price, which varied according to PM prices, in wholesale amounts. thus there was no guarantee that the dealer could make a profit, no matter what the price of PM. Now they are impinging on the profits of the various wholesalers. What if silver drops several $ between when they pay the mint and when they are able to move the product...too much risk, and they are a business not a hobbiest.
    IMO.
    Jim

7. rjbeck

rjbeck COLLECTOR

Monday, January 3, 2011 - NOTICE ABOUT AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OUNCE SILVER COINS:
    At this point we are unable to accept names or take orders for these coins. If more information becomes available, we will post it on this website. No phone calls, please.
    Thank you for your understanding.

8. rjbeck

rjbeck COLLECTOR

Monday, January 3, 2011 - NOTICE ABOUT AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OUNCE SILVER COINS:
    At this point we are unable to accept names or take orders for these coins. If more information becomes available, we will post it on this website. No phone calls, please.
    Thank you for your understanding.

9. Ladies First

Ladies First Since 2007

Was anyone here surprised like me when Dillon Gage announced it was sold out? Did anyone see a post between the above and the sold out notice?

10. Ladies First

Ladies First Since 2007

Final bump? Not one of us (that doesn't work at an coin auction house) got or knows anything about the DG pucks?

Interesting... at least to me!

Draft saved Draft deleted