PLEASE READ.....UPDATE 12/31/2010 AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5oz bullion at DILLON GAGE

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by rjbeck, Dec 31, 2010.

1. I agree. You can get 2 one ounce AGEs plus a 1/10 ounce AGE for that amount of money. :thumb: TC

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

I hope for the sake of Mint Products that popularity of these 5 ouncers tanks along with the price of silver. Of course, anyone willing to pay that kind of money deserves whatever they have coming.

4. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

Here's a set listed as NGC MS69 "Early Releases" with a starting bid of $5100.

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-oz-AMERICA-BE...85?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item1e60a8d0ad

I love the quote in this listing: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BUY NOW WHILE PRICES ARE STILL LOW
    [/FONT]
    My understanding is that MS69 copies are going to be extremely rare. I wonder if this seller really has them back from NGC or is just speculating.

5. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

Well, someone paid the $5,100 for those babies. There are also quite a few ungraded 5 ouncers selling for over $500 each. Did silver suddenly jump over $90 since I went to bed last night, or are people just crazy? I'm sorry, but I don't see these going for these prices even six months from now.

6. fatima

fatima Junior Member

Will be interesting the prices on these coins once the Mint starts directly selling the collectors version.

7. mach330

mach330 Junior Member

Why would you buy 2.10 ounces of gold if you can get 25 ounces of silver?!?! Any dummy knows 25 is bigger than 2! $100/ounce silver FTW!!!

8. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

wait a second...you mean to tell me silver and gold are actually different? :eek:

I figured if you just went to the hardware store and bought some gold paint and painted those 5 coins...you'd have 25 oz in gold then....am I wrong? geez I hope not...

on a another note you guys think that any of those "colorized coin painting companies" bought a bunch of these 5 oz coin sets? I can't wait to see them for sell for only $7,999.95 retail from the colorizers and then on the coin vault for only $10,995.99+s/h a non graded brilliant Uncirculated colorized set and $19995.99 +s/h for the colorized ms69 sets and $39995.99 with free standard delivery with shipping insurance for bullion value...for the colorized ms70 sets :D

p.s. don't ask me how they can grade the coin when it's covered with paint... it's just some sort of "magic" or it might be from the Ouija board the graders use to grade...

9. mach330

mach330 Junior Member

10. Me too. :D If silver goes to $100/ounce, imagine what gold would be then! :eek: :) TC

11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I see the January 3rd date offered up by Coin World has come and gone. Lets see, the next date is January 17th? Has anyone seen a date mentioned for February yet? These would make a great gift for Valentines Day. Perhaps the Mint is secretly making more of these with the 2010 date on them, but in the shape of a heart with an arrow through it. They can always say they missed a few when the original mintage figures were released.

12. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Yeah somehow I think the APs have found a loophole in having the coins graded. I can tell you that APMEX definitely cherry picked the coins they first sent out as the ones I had recieved were by no means perfect. I am beginning to wonder if you will even see these available on anyones website - anyone tried calling and buying a set lately?

13. benveniste

benveniste Type Type

One of the AP's, the Gold Center in Springfield, IL was selling them on an in-person, cash-only basis yesterday:
    http://www.sj-r.com/carousel/x10491...ns-attract-crowd-of-collectors-to-Springfield

14. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

15. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Cabbage Patch epidemic of the early 1980s. How did that craze end by the way?

Also, it looks like some of the people on ebay have more than 1 set to sell. How did they obtain more than 1 set per household in the first place? This has become quite the clusterf**k. I'm just disappointed that people like myself who just wanted a set because they love the national parks, etc. and have no intention of flipping them have to deal with this greed in order to have a set. Oh, the humanity!

16. Agreed! IMO, the only way the US Mint can somewhat redeem themselves is to mass produce the 2010 bullion issue and perhaps sell them on their own website at the same mark-up charged to the AP's. TC

17. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

How about the prediction of $15,000 to $20,000 on future value. Is the collector market so hard up for a new rarity, that we will purposely create one to satisfy the need?

18. JJK78

JJK78 Member

I noticed today while doing my daily link checking to see if anyone is selling these yet and found that A-Mark is now directing people off of their website to www.buyatb.com which says they will be for sale in mid-January... Wonder how much they will be selling them for...
    Also my link for the 5 ouncers on the Provident Metals site is no longer working... Don't know if they just changed it or what...
    Hopefully this Dillion Gage will be selling them at the recommended prices...

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Yeah, and I'm gonna hit Mega tonite.....

20. benveniste

benveniste Type Type

The mess continues:

According to a phone message at 1-212-778-4654, Prudential Securities has suspended sales of the coins "indefinitely."

Draft saved Draft deleted