PLEASE READ.....UPDATE 12/31/2010 AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5oz bullion at DILLON GAGE

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by rjbeck, Dec 31, 2010.

1. rjbeck

rjbeck COLLECTOR

I read this on the Dillon Gage website.
    NOTICE ABOUT AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OUNCE SILVER COINS:
    We have placed our order through the United States Mint in accordance with their guidelines. All Mint orders are subject to approval. If confirmed by the Mint, we expect to begin pricing and accepting orders January 11, 2011. If more information becomes available before then, we will post it on this website.
    Thank you for your interest.

I know if they do go sale at Dillon Gage they will be priced at about $850-$950 for all 5 coins. hope this helps RB

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

Is it just me or is the mint poorly handling this? I mean it seems like its taking an awful long time for these to be out.

4. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Nice find, rj. I'm glad to see more dealers are getting into the act.

5. hamman88

hamman88 Spare some change, sir?

Isn't that a bit late? Coinworld said most would be out by jan 3

6. treehugger

It probably is, but given the way this program has progressed, I would'nt believe anything I read until it actually happens.

7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Another mint snafu!

8. vnickels

Yeah the mint is so efecient :p!

9. chip

chip Novice collector

The HSN coin show was on last night, they had the complete set of the atb quarters, slabbed and graded ms-70 ready for their price....

wait for it......

its coming......

almost here.......

yep folks you heard me right, about 192 dollars an ounce for the atb 5 ounce rounds. How disgusting is that? I guess when Moy had laid down the law on price gouging someone got him out of there

10. vnickels

That's funny. Wait for it... remember only 10,00 sets left! FREE SHIPPING!

11. That's insane in the membrane! Perhaps they will do autoship on it too for the next 10 years. :eek: :rolleyes: TC

12. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Talk about a rip off!! did someone say free shipping :)

13. treehugger

Let's see. I can buy this set at almost $1,000.00 per disc or a 1998 5 ounce silver Mexican Libertad with a mintage of only 400 for about $200.00 less, ungraded, of course. What to do. What to do.

14. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Good luck with that HSN....are they offering eazy pay............

15. prolawn_care

prolawn_care New Member

I saw somewhere they were going to start shipping on the 5th...

16. krispy

krispy krispy

I saw this show last night as well, but they were actually selling ONLY MS69 5-coin sets graded by ANACS for $4799.95. They had 210 sets available at the time the show aired, or so they claimed.

Mike Mezack himself flat out stated IF they received any sets back from grading in MS70 that they WOULD have them available in 5 coin sets for $25k and that a year from now those could be valued at $50k.

I kid you not! Absolutely unbelievable these people are. But don't worry, the massive ANACS holders have a 5-slab red wood and brass hinged presentation/storage box with a little skeleton key lock to keep them sage inside.

17. chip

chip Novice collector

well, just shows to go you, here I was thinking they were 70s, but they were actually 69s. I guess the 70s will show up on another show sometime. Makes me wonder where they picked them up? I still have not seen any on my coin shop safaris.

18. vnickels

Yeah I said free shipping as a joke but I know what you mean:D!

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

20. prolawn_care

prolawn_care New Member

21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You and me both Prolawn.......major "jing" for "bullion". If I'm gonna spend that kind of money I want something that's "golden" in color.

Draft saved Draft deleted