Perhaps I'm A Fool

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Kentucky, Sep 6, 2017.

1. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

Tell your dealer you've found a big spender, because I'll gladly pay 15% over spot on all he can deliver, or you could earn an easy 5% on your "investment". I'll even pay the postage.

Rich

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

Block their number. They'll get the idea.

4. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I have no idea what your talking about.

5. AngelDeath

AngelDeath Well-Known Member

If you did something "foolish" there are a handful of people on here who are more than happy to point it out!!! lol

6. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

When you call, tell them that $110 is the advertised price that you saw. At least that's what I did. Still awaiting results...

Au H2O likes this.
  7. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Look back through the thread, I posted two different "codes" that quote the $110 price.

fretboard and midas1 like this.
  8. Johndoe2000$

They didn't ask me for a code# at all, only what price I had seen on the offer. BTW, It's only been a couple of days, but no CC charge yet, and nothing on my very seldom used trac-phone either. 3-4 days to process the order from what I've seen. I placed my order on Monday.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  9. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

When I called back, they said I had expressed a possible interest in some of their slabbed coins and they had a +$2000 charge ready to go. I replied that the 10 1/10 oz coins was all I wanted.

10. Johndoe2000$

I think I'll call them tomorrow. :nailbiting: WOW.
    I know i can dispute any charges made on my credit card, so not too worried about it.

Kentucky likes this.
  11. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

I hope you all get what you pay for. But, the unfortunate consequence of doing business with this company and advertising them here is that there is a higher likelihood of them persisting as a business the more suckers they lure in.

All the more power to you if you get just the 1/10 oz coins at cost. But be aware that others will place orders, get charged for more than the 1/10 coins, and not be able to effectively dispute the charge.

12. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Perhaps you are unaware of how a credit card works, and the consumer protections they provide.

Kentucky and LA_Geezer like this.
  13. AngelDeath

AngelDeath Well-Known Member

Yes you have to give the Credit Card Cos CREDIT there.

LA_Geezer likes this.
  14. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I rarely use my "financial" CC, but i did when I bought from them.
    Weirdly, I had some charges charged against my card soon after for a RocketCoffee.com and Sprint payment which were denied. Had to get a new card, and haven't ordered from them since.

15. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

Perhaps you are unaware of how capitulating and lazy many people are in a situation like that. How many people will indefatigably follow their credit card dispute process until they get a charge reversed?

I'm not sure how many times you have ever had to dispute a charge, but not every time is it an easy process.

LA_Geezer likes this.
  16. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

Discover card called me the other night to ask if I had purchased $9000 worth of computer equipment. I told them that I had not, so they told me that I needed to get a new card issued as my old one had been breached. I had a lot of my monthly payments assigned to that card so that I could worry less about writing checks and keeping up with all sorts of payments. I have had trouble remembering those sorts of things lately. That meant that I had to go through my software and contact about a half dozen companies online to switch my account to a new caed. I just found out that eBay did not make the change I had requested, so I am trying to figure out what went wrong there.

Kentucky likes this.
  17. Johndoe2000$

I would hope that anyone ordering from this company uses due diligence, keeping a close eye on the credit card used. Also, after reading this thread, they should be aware of possible spamming, either by phone, or e-mail/regular mail. I knew what I might be getting myself into, and am prepared for any fallout that may occur from ordering from "NATIONWIDE COIN AND BULLION RESERVE".
    As more results come in (and are hopefully posted here) we'll be able to have a good idea as to how they do business.
    Good or Bad, please post your results here. It will help others determine if it's actually worth buying from them.
    Let's not condemn the company until we have enough evidence to do so. So far I have no reason at all. (So Far)
    I will call them today for an update, and post results here.

Au H2O and Kentucky like this.
  18. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

This all sounds like a huge hassle just to save a few bucks.

Argenteus Fossil likes this.
  19. Johndoe2000$

Did this "Factually" have anything to do with this company???
    So far all I've seen is that they could attempt to lure you into purchasing more of their products, (they didn't with me though)
    Your situation is outright credit card fraud and should be handled as such.
    Sorry for your hassle.

Au H2O and midas1 like this.
  20. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Called Nationwide coins this morning and learned my order had been sent to FEDEX.
    Using fedex tracking I see the order was received from Nationwide but had not yet shipped. BTW, no pressure to buy other coins during my last two phone calls.
    I suggested they acknowledge orders by sending an order confirmation email and an email with shipping/tracking information. Dah . . .

Au H2O and Kentucky like this.
  21. Johndoe2000$

You would think this to be done automatically these days.

midas1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted