Pecunem Server

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by iamtiberius, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Pecunem's server literally crashed 5 minutes after the start of their auction. I was hitting submit on a bid and getting no response. I hope they rotate the bids back and start again. Anyone else bidding today?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TIF

TIF Always learning.

I might bid on a few and just noticed that the server is no longer responding. It's hard to tell though... so often the tech problem is on my end. Since you're having trouble too, maybe it is Pecunem this time.

4. TIF

TIF Always learning.

isitdownrightnow.com shows that Pecunem is indeed down for everyone.

Ardatirion and Ancientnoob like this.
  5. I typically check 2 different connections to confirm. It's unfortunate. I had big plans for today's auction. ha

6. TIF

TIF Always learning.

If I recall correctly, another Pecunem auction had server trouble and they rescheduled the auction for the following Sunday, although I don't think they reopened lots which closed before the crash.

If that is how they handle today's auction, you might want to send them a message about the lot you were bidding on when it crashed, just in case it appears to have closed before the crash.

7. The 3 Istros drachms were all ending at time of crash :shifty: I may have to send a message.

Ancientnoob likes this.
  8. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

It is not working for me either.

9. Cyrrhus

Cyrrhus Well-Known Member

dammmm waiting all day !! already

10. Cyrrhus

Yes it working again, bidding !!

11. Not working for me. Take joy that your coins will go for lower prices without my presence.

12. Cyrrhus

No I was just joking, strange how can the server go broke while active bidding is taking place are there too many coin collectors now? not so good for the prices...well today I am not going broke !!

13. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

My biggest problem is not Pecunem today, it was forgetting my password while trying to bid from my phone in Roma yesterday. I was thinking of blowing a considerable portion of the yearly budget at once. Maybe it's for the best. I only have a couple of Pecunem lots I am active on.

14. TIF

TIF Always learning.

@iamtiberius, Pecunem is up again but the auction has been suspended, resuming next Sunday. Unfortunately, they show it closed through lot 32, a few coins after the Istros run.

15. Valentinian

Valentinian Well-Known Member

They Pecumem auction sure has inconvenienced people who made plans to be at their computers at the right time today, only to find out it has been put off a week.

Ancientnoob likes this.
  16. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Hey, look at all of the money you guys are saving!!

=> go buy an ice cream for your girl (*priceless*)

Alegandron, Ancientnoob and Bing like this.
  17. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Now you're thinking!

Alegandron and Ancientnoob like this.
  18. Ancientnoob

Ancientnoob Money Changer

Genius he is.

19. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I received an email from them announcing the situation but was not bidding in this sale in reaction to their not responding to my inquiry on the lot I considered fake. Did regular bidders among you not get the note?

20. I sent them an email the day the bid was presented, advising them that 3 of their Alexander drachms were counterfeits. Also that I suspected lot 501, the Sidon Tetradrachm, was fake.

21. TIF

TIF Always learning.

They did withdraw several lots but there are some remaining which look questionable.

Draft saved Draft deleted