pawn stars buy 3000+ oz of silver

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by trdtaco, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Pilkenton

Pilkenton almost uncirculated

Rick drilled a hole and melted the shavings. How much silver was in the shavings and was that included in the total weight?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

They have sold 296 as of last night.
    Ebay item #280895406043.

. IMG_0499_001.jpg IMG_0501_001.jpg

4. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

I thought about getting 5 but settled for 2, 1 for me and 1 for the wife.

5. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

He has sold 10 in the last 2 hours. Less than 100 left...should sell out today.

6. Take a look at their blog on eBay. They have made more after an initial sell-out. My guess is that these will be produced to demand. Also, I would not be surprised to see coins of the rest of the cast as well if they can make money. TC

7. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

Yea, I saw that last night (recorded it). I wish I had socked away my weight in silver back when it was $3 an ounce. lol

8. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Does anyone ever consider the possibility that most of what is broadcast is scripted in advance, and that no such transactions ever took place?

9. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

I miss that old man. I think I was about 15 when he fell. I was lucky enough to see him many times before he fell.

10. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

Nope

http://www.cointalk.com/t201810/

11. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Ok, call me a cynic, but I will lay a $10 bill down that this was a plant. They wished to make this "coin" to sell for profit, so they contacted a silver dealer and asked him to come in and act like he just happened to want to sell 3000 ounces.

I have read about so many plants, with one time a currency dealer having his girlfriend come in with a bill, and he being call in to appraise it. :(

12. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

The last time I was over to the Gold & Silver Pawn (Pawn Stars) to check it out, they told me they were paying 6x face for US silver coins or about 25% of what the inflation.com valued them at. So I imagine they are paying about 6 bucks and ounce for rounds and bars ?

My son seems to have a lot of out of town visitors who always want him to take them down to check it out and I can ask him to get a quote. But they have a really, really wide margin on silver.

Years ago, I purchased a 1000 oz bar from a dealer in Los Angeles years ago. It made a great door stop and conversation piece for my office at the time. But they are really a pain to handle, so when the price started to climb a bit I got rid of it. Money you can't tote around doesn;t work too well. Like those big stone wheel money from Yak. Just not practical.

13. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

14. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

$60 an ounce does seem expensive but you have to realize that minting is not free.

15. halvessearcher

halvessearcher Active Member

I like the coin and am a fan of the show. Cool novelty peice. But for the money, it just isn't worth it for me. Maybe in a few years i'll see it for a lot cheaper or closer to spot.

16. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

1 DOZEN LEFT.......GONE IN 60 SECONDS.......:eek:

17. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Absolutely scripted. Chumley was on a talk show some time ago and his bumbling idiocy had magically disappeared. Was more than enough proof that not all is reality in this "reality" program. While the historical aspect (pieces) of the show are interesting, the rest is no different than a sitcom and is getting worse each season.

18. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

All those shows are scripted. If they were not it would get boring in a hurry.

19. Pilkenton

Pilkenton almost uncirculated

Anymore, I'd rather watch the bickering on Hardcore Pawn. I don't care too much for Cajun Pawn Stars either.

20. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Well the "Old Man" just added another 150+ coins.

Over 400 sold on Ebay...:eek:

I wonder who struck these coins?

21. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Not really, as they do advertise for people with items of value to contact them for screening for the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted