Paradise Mint

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by D2121hop, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Danr

Danr Numismatist

any coupon codes for them currently?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lvmint

lvmint New Member

No recent coupon codes

4. Silverlining

Silverlining New Member

Lol,

Soup-nazi; that's funny. If you order from them and don't require or need any communication to process your order, then yes orders do ship fast and I have found pricing fair. However I did have one interaction by online chat and then email, and lets just say I don't ever want to do that again, it was painful. I have ordered from them again but just the no-fuss items.

5. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Silverlining;

I just received a badly spotted 2012, ASE PR70DCAM, graded by PCGS from them. Along with the spotting, (numerous, and I mean lots; of milk spots and spots with foriegn material at the center), the reverse side has a badly scratched slab. I couldn't even photograph this side without it showing predominately in the picture. I will just put it away in one of my junk cases. It isn't worth the aggravation to contact them for an exchange. I think they told me one time that: "No coin is actually perfect so you have to look past imperfections." I may try and sell it with a 20% markdown for what I paid. The difference in money is worth not dealing with them.

6. lvmint

lvmint New Member

concerning saltysam-1 comments

saltysam-1,

I found out that PCGS will pay yoy for nay of your PCGS graded coins if you send them in to them for a spot check and they downgrade the coin. I sent 15 PCGS graded China Panda coins to them that I received from Paradise Mint with spots on them. I did not think that any of them deserved a MS69 Grade that they had on them. PCGS looked at the coins and said that they would be downgraded so the gave me a option to have them pay me for the coins. Beleive it or not they paid me $50 for each coin and then returned the coins back to me removed from the PCGS slabs. I then sold the coins as raw pandas ungraded with spots an received an average of $45 per coin. My origional purchase price from Paradise Mint was $55 and my realized selling price was $95 each coin. I do not thing that NGC will do this but I am not totaly sure.

7. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I thought about the PCGS guarantee being an option, but PCGS claims they would pay the adjustment based on wholesale value, determind by them, if the complaint is honored. I paid $99.00 for the ASE. My guess is PCGS would call that retail. Wholesale would be a much smaller mark-up over the spot price of silver. Then deduct your out-of-pocket shipping cost and the 20% comes out being a better option, if you can sell it for that.

8. I would send it back to Paradise Mint for a refund. A 70 graded coin is perfect in that you should not be able to see the types of imperfections you describe with the naked eye. TC

9. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

TopcatCoin;

I have been down this route with Paradise Mint on a simular Proof 70 several years ago. It's not worth it. My quote in a earlier post about; there is no such thing as a perfect coin, etc, etc.... was their response to this original situation. If you are a regular buyer from them, you may get some first hand experience about how they handle customer problems. Hopefully it will never happen to you. They are a fine company to deal with, if you can buy from them- trouble free.

10. Dude I just bought a silver 1/10 oz koala from Paradisemint and it was graded PCGS 69 and it had so many milk spots I quit counting. They said it was normal for PCSG to grade milk spotted coins a 69 and even 70, but I know what is normal is for me to not buy from them ever again. If they were honest upfront I would be happy with whatever I bought. oh hey I have attached a pic. What do yall think? 69.jpg

11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

That's a problem coin. Each spot appears to have a piece of foriegn material at it's center. Milk spots are just opaque blemishes that don't have this traite. Some believe it's from the wash used to remove residue left on the coins surfaces during production. It can show up anytime in the life cycle of the coin, even after encapsolation. In your case, they are trying to stick you with a bad coin. The only recourse is to sell it as bullion. It's not worth much more on the collectors market. Sorry.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  12. I agree with Sam. It looks like someone sneezed on it, and then the slab has served as a Petri dish. That coin needs a dip for sure. TC

13. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, all the online dealers sell spotted coins.

14. bikerbob195

bikerbob195 Member

As said above, I too have bought meny from "PM", MS & proff 70s' silver an gold coin over the years. Last year I returned one because the slab was scrached but one e-mail asking for a return the request was afrimmed with out any problem that I know about.

15. Oh man thanks so much for the info! I am so new tho this that I am still becoming familiar with coin language. I think I will just send it back to them and hope to find another one from another dealer. Thank you Saltysam and topcatcoin!

16. I am discouraged from collecting pure silver coins after seeing milk spots and problem coins. If I keep all of my silver do yall think it will all look terrible in 10 years?

17. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Yes, sometimes it can be a crapshoot. But overall you will find the problem isn't as bad as it seems. In other words, there are many more coins that will be problem free than not. This is why you hear others say, find a dealer you like and trust. They will always make it right for you. I buy the majority of my coins in person. You won't be blind sided that way. I still buy occasionally on eBay. Their return policy almost always guarantee's you satisfaction. So don't be discourage. You just had a bad start, but you can finish strong with the knowledge you gained.

Your silver will still look good in 10 years, provided you take normal precautions. Everything I own is in an Airtite. No exceptions. If you buy the Airtite at the same time as the coin or bullion, it's easier to afford and keep up with. Intern, these are even stored in a controlled environment. I have a tendency to by multiple ounces of bullion in the bar form. These usually come already sealed for added protection. Just put a little thought in on this end. If you buy a slabbed coin, the work and precaution, is already done for you.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    SilverSurfer101 likes this.
  18. Saltysam..Thank you for the help and pointing me in a good direction! It is greatly appreciated. I think Im gonnna go online now and buy a few airtites for a few that I am missing.

19. fiatfiasco

fiatfiasco Nasty Details Member

Really? Can you share with us the place you have purchased from that would be better? On eBay, the cheapest MS69 2005 Panda goes for 109.99 + S&H...

I'm sorry, but I just have to know at least ONE example of these places that sell it cheaper to you that you wouldnt think this is a phenomenal deal, ie, just one of the 3 coins for that price.

20. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I don't know if you will get a response fiatfiasco. His post is four years old and its been eight months since he has been active on the boards.

21. JAS0N888

JAS0N888 Member

I just got a order of PCGS graded Prez dollars, all are hazy and discolored i contacted them today but no reply yet. to be continued.

Draft saved Draft deleted