Paradise Mint

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by D2121hop, Apr 2, 2010.

1. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

To be honest, I'm a little surprised they are still around. With eBay becoming more of a buyers market than sellers market, I thought they would be tied up in knots dealing with eBay's refund and PayPal Protection policies. They over react to problems so bitterly it actually takes you by surprise. They are venting while you are trying to have a normal conversation. It's quite an experience. I was forwarding all my, and their, emails directly to Google Checkout and a customer service representative. Afterward Google sent me a gift certificate for going through the experience and sharing it with them.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

4. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

For fairness and accuracy sake, I wouldn't call four votes much of a poll. I believe I probably had 15 purchases from them before a negative experience developed. Up until that time I thought they were customer orientated. If you can operate trouble free with them, most likely a 5 star rating would be given. However, if a situation arises, don't forget your helmet when you get into the foxhole.

5. wgpjr

wgpjr Collector

I've won several ebay auctions from Paradise Mint. They are P&D MS65 slabs (NGC) of the President coins. I usually win them for under $4 a pair, which is a great deal IMO. Haven't had a problem with them yet...

6. Drew66879

Drew66879 New Member

Not a fan of Pardise Mint. They refuse to ship to APOs or FPOs. I do appericiate those who do, very much!

7. rocky2v

rocky2v New Member

I've used Paradise Mint several times always with great success. Probably 15 orders so far. Alway very fast service. They do not take phone orders or offer phone support, maybe some of you don't like that. For the idiot that left a negative and thought he wouldn't get banned. Who wouldn't ban you for that. I've exchanged a couple coins without any issue.

I don't use Modern Coin Mart like others have recommended for many reasons. Modern Coin Mart has high shipping charges. They don't ship right away. They tend to hold your money for a week or two then ship. Their prices are consistantly higher on price. I've bought from them 5-6 times. Their not bad don't get me wrong.

I use Paradise Mint, Tulving, Smyrna Coin and sometimes gainesville allthough gainesville has been slow to ship sometimes. I like fast shipping Paradise or Tulviing has the quickest shipping of any coin company.

8. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

modern coin mart always shipped my coins immediately.

9. rocky2v

rocky2v New Member

I guess it is just luck of the draw. After seeing FryDaddyJr's post I decided to do a little test. I needed these coins for sets I'm building for my grand children anyways.

I ordered a 2011 Proof silver eagle NGC PF70 ER from both Paradise Mint and Modern Coin Mart on monday.

Modern Coin Marts price $98.00 + $6.00 shipping = $104.00,
    Paradise Mint's price $99.99 and free shipping.

Coin from Paradise Mint arrived two days later. Coin was shipped same day as ordered.
    Coin from Modern Coin Mart still hasn't arrived as of saturday. Did get a shipping notice a couple days back though.

10. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

my proof 2011 eagle got here from the mint about a week or so ago.

11. History_Chick

History_Chick Member

I truly love this place. I'm resurrecting an old thread, only because I have been pondering this very issue for the past hour. I'm unsure who to go with PM or MCM. It seems there is no right or wrong answer. Only, I suppose, if you get something from PM and you do not agree with the how the coin looks you may have trouble.

12. Drew66879

Drew66879 New Member

Selling something is truely only part of being a business person. Sometimes it what you don't sell that builds a better realtionship with buyers.

13. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I ordered these Wed night at 11pm from Paradise Mint. Received today (Saturday) USPS Priority Mail (Free Shipping).

No complaints, except for my poor photography skills :eek:

Attached Files:

14. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

Just great. I have been searching and searching weeks for 4 coins in particular and couldn't find them anywhere. Anywhere! Then I stumble on to them and the price is right. Well, guess where I found them just yesterday. Paradise Mint. Now I don't know what to do or think. All 4 are currently listed on EBAY this moment by some other seller, but at $80-$90 dollars each, the seller must be mad. Would really like to take advantage of the Paradise Mint price of $159.00 and no shipping charges now, but if problems occur, it just wouldn't be worth it. So, I don't know. Think about it some more I guess.

15. This may help you out: Paradisemint is running a 10% off all products end of year sale. Just type in holiday in the promo code section. Plus you still get free shipping. :smile TC

16. lvmint

lvmint New Member

The last time I ordered from Paradise Mint I received coins with white spots on them. They were Silver Eagles and Silver Pandas graded MS 69. I spoke to them using their ONLINE CHAT connection and explained my concerns. THEY TOLD ME THAT IF I DID NOT LIKE THE COINS I MAYBE SHOULD NOT ORDER FROM THEM IN THE FUTURE. What kind of customer service is that? I have not ordered from them since. I have ordered more than $39,000 from them so far in 2011. If they treat me like that haw do they treat customers that order small quantities of coins from them?? I am extremely displeased with their service.

17. noel877

noel877 New Member

WOw. I ordered from PM twice and never had any issues.

Although it seems, from this thread, you CANNOT have any issues with paradise mint. I might stay away from buying high value items from PM.

18. 5dollarEdunote

5dollarEdunote Coin Connoisseur

I must be missing something here...three PCGS MS69 bullion coins for $95? That's a very good deal.

19. blatant

blatant Junior Member

bump........i ordered a graded coin on a sunday and it arrived on wedneday...i used google check out...not sure if that matters...but WOW...it was so quick and shipped usps trackable...i'll definitely buy from them again.

just some feed back for anyone thinking bout it.

edit for due to a post or two below this... SO FAR

but so far its been smooth and the one email is sent which was just a question was a quick answer. now if they only had a uhr...

20. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Yes they aren't the friendliest when a complaint happens. (See my post #23) But they are a good reliable source if you can operate trouble free. You just have to deal with it when it happens. Kind of reminds me of the "Soup Nazi" from an episode of Stienfeld. The soup is so good you take the verbal abuse to get it.

21. ThinnPikkins

ThinnPikkins Well-Known Member

I buy from them frequently, i usually buy slabbed eagles from them, last i believe was ms70 san fran 2011 eagle. I like them because shipping is immediate and i have yet to be let down! As for the people having problems, it will happen, no company/person is perfect so there will be negative feedback also. I can only speak on my behalf and SO FAR that has been ok, whos to say i wont get shafted in the future!

Draft saved Draft deleted