PAMP v. Perth

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by ddoomm1, Dec 28, 2018.

1. CasualAg$

CasualAg$ Corvid Minions Collecting

3 minutes.

Pamp. But only if forced at gunpoint.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

No bars from me. I want coins. Not as easily counterfeited.

myownprivy likes this.
  4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Anything can be counterfeited, it all depends on how many $$$$
    Are involved, i would thing the motivating factor.

5. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

When buying Pamp Suisse items, look for the more recent Veriscan versions - it's a computerized data base / authentication system to verify each piece - also, buy from trusted dealers because even Veriscan bullion cards (and contents) are counterfeited.
    lot_of_2_1_2.jpg

GoldFinger1969 and ddoomm1 like this.
  6. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

My friend is looking at the 1-ounce Pamp Suisse bars....is this a good way to buy gold on the cheap ? Or are there above-average premiums on these bars ?

Liquidity to sell them online or via a LCS can't be as good as American Eagles and other 1-ounce coins, or even Saints/Liberty's right ?

7. mpcusa

I dont have any GOLD bars , stick with Krugerrands and AGE,S as well as Buffalos
    Liberties and Saints for the GOLD and numismatic value , also as mentioned bars
    can be faked with tungsten have heard several stories over the yers as well as seeing this with my own eyes, hard to trust that.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Don’t purchase gold bars or rounds. Buy pre 1933 US Mint Gold coins instead. They are a much better price and the collector interest will always be present.

9. BasSWarwick

BasSWarwick Well-Known Member

In NZ Pamp bars have a high premium so when the time comes to sell you will lose out. Also I beleive there are some fakes around.

10. mpcusa

There around every corner assays are easy to duplicate, no a certified coin thats much more difficult !

11. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted