Palladium on the move !!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Jan 13, 2018.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Well the time has come for me to make my next major purchase, have been working hard on building my JM 10 OZ silver bar collection which is going really well with my
    Canadian connection, so i like Gold have a few queens beasts and would like to get the
    New Unicorn, but have been looking at Palladium as of late as the current price is $1,125
    As of this post, and just went up $34 !! so kind of torn here, thinking about getting a 1 OZ bar as i dont really care fro the design on the U.S Coin, your thoughts on this ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Good god. Shut up. I am so tired of your topics. IGNORE begins now.

V. Kurt Bellman and Mr Roots like this.
  4. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts on this? You seem to jump around all over. Are you thinking about buying a 2017 Palladium Eagle OR a 10 Oz. JM Silver Bar OR a Gold Unicorn Queen's Beast? Is that the choice? I don't worry about price movement on things I want because the little bit it moves will make no difference later. I stay away from Palladium at this point because I think it is too high. I had some when it was at $250/oz. and sold it at $500. No regrets... I doubled my money.

5. mpcusa

I have several interests, not just one ! that would be really boring..LOL, i am commited to my JM 10 OZ silver bar set, but also am working on others as well
    Just looking for other paths to explore :)

Johndoe2000$ and asheland like this.
  6. mpcusa

Look mom another...TROLL...LOL :)

7. TheFinn

Great. Now if you can just fold your arms and put your head down on your desk...

Adam34falcon, Johndoe2000$ and mpcusa like this.
  8. TheFinn

I picked up the set of 5 oz. Silver rounds with the designs of Art Nouveau designer Alfons Mucha. I picked up the set of numbered 5 oz. antiqued pieces of women he used in ads and commissioned works, with a limit of 500 pcs. issued. I was patient, so I was able to get them for about 20% over spot. They sure catch people's attention.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Was that really necessary? If you don't like the posts, don't post to them. It's really that easy. Frankly I like the posts on notes.

Johndoe2000$ and baseball21 like this.
  10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Tommy and all, that is what I always suggest, but some people seem to feel that their observations MUST be presented. There are many posts I do not like, so I just move past unless as a moderator, someone has reported something that I must address. I will keep an eye on the situation. Jim

Johndoe2000$ and tommyc03 like this.
  11. mpcusa

would love to see some examples :) there are so many out there it,s mind blowing !

12. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

It is only a few years ago that palladium was $300. I consider the current price to be a bubble and would avoid it like the plague. It used to be the cheap alternative to platinum in catalytic converters but not anymore.

13. mpcusa

I think the reasons are obvious of why its going up so fast, not sure about the exact
    Production numbers but the palladium eagle has really sparked some interest i think
    you can come really close with in days of it being released that it has started to rise
    and rise quickly, and its even making a play for gold, so who really knows ??

14. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

A few palladium eagles are not going to move the price. If that were true then it would be a knee jerk reaction and it would soon drop back down.

-jeffB likes this.
  15. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I wonder about palladium. Anyone have a good reason for the huge move? I know its mainly mined in Russia. Anyone think they intentionally been holding production off the market? Are there major new uses of the metal? I am buying PT myself right now, given its cheaper than either gold or palladium.

16. mpcusa

The one already given is a really good one, not sure about the over all numbers that our going to be minted but iam sure its a pretty good amount, and the coin is very popular from what i,am hearing :)

17. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

I had a Maple leaf. Beautiful coin, but traded towards a Double Eagle so I no longer have any. :(

18. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

So you think only the introduction of the APE has caused palladium to spike so much? If so, I am not interested at all. What happens when these coins come back on the market? Would palladium drop 75%?

TheFinn likes this.
  19. mpcusa

Just making an observation as it did start going up right around the same time
    After all we our all just speculators here !

20. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

While I'm not complaining about my meager Pd stash being the only actual positive return in my stack, I can't confidently endorse the metal. It is combustible at room temperature which is cool and all, but it's not shiny. It's not precious to me. It may very well continue to be a positive investment, but it's probably not going to be used to make a nation solvent again like PMs are wont to do on occaison.

21. mpcusa

its good to stay diversified, putting all your eggs in one basket probably not the best Idea, have several one once Gold coins, Krugerrands and Queens beast mostly and a few 1/10 once coins as well, allot of silver coins and bars as well, have platinum and Palladium as well but in smaller quantities, i really want to increase my palladium holdings though, looking at trying to do that in the very near future :)

Draft saved Draft deleted