Palladium Is Not Just A Cable Channel

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by treehugger, Mar 26, 2017.

1. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I've considered it, for all the reason above. The design is great IMO. I'm not sure what I'll do though.

4. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll probably get one.

5. I'm in if it ever gets made. TC

6. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Love the design. But I don't think I'd be able to afford it. Why can't they make these designs in silver?????

7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

What is the market price for palladium?

8. Santinidollar

Just answered my own question. About $810.

9. onecenter

onecenter Member

Too expensive for my budget, unfortunately.

10. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

It changed to MTV Live a while ago ;). Nice coin but to much money.

11. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Quite a few years ago a nurse where I worked got a call at Christmas from her brother in Florida. He owns a hotel chain and a few gyms. He told her to invest in Palladium as he could see it was about to take a big jump. At that time it was $318 a troy ounce.
    Of course I didn't buy any.

12. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

I wish they used this design and updated the ASE which I believe was the recommendation for the design at some point.

I also find it funny how despite the CCAC's constant harping on how it's time for new designs, that we keep ending up with classic designs of those dead sculpter's that we need to 'get over'.

I'd also probably be in for a couple with it being a first year coin and all.

rooman9 likes this.
  13. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I know Iron Man's suit has a lot of Palladium in it. How liquid is it though? Are premiums high like Platinum?

14. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

How liquid? Well I'm guessing not everyone wants to buy it.
    Not like silver. Canada was where I looked for palladium coins back when it was $318/oz. US has never made a coin of it as most of us may know. Like any fad, at first it will be sought after, but how long will that last?

moneycostingmemoney likes this.
  15. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Palladium has me confused. I always thought palladium is basically a poor man's platinum, used for similar catalysts. Now, though, palladium is almost the same as platinum.

16. Santinidollar

On a great day for silver and gold, palladium was down about $14 today.

17. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Palladium and Rhodium are an alternative to Platinum in manufacturing. Thus their rise. When one gets more expensive than the other then they switch metals.

I'd be curious how they keep going as graphene/iodine catalysts make it from the lab to manufacturing as not only are they cheaper, but more than 30% more efficient.

Draft saved Draft deleted