Packing Question on ASEs from Apmex

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Don P, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Don P

Don P Active Member

First, please excuse me if this was already asked. I searched the topics and couldn't find anything in specific for ASE packaging.

My question is: I have mixed type purchase packing from Apmex and other vendors on ASEs, such as the celo wrapper style packaging per coin and also the hard plastic sleeves. I understand the sleeves can emit pvc which can damage the coin over time, but is it okay to leave the ASEs in the celo wrapper unopened to preserve the quality and proof of packing for resale in the future?

I understand ASEs are only bullion, but I have seen coins in the original unopened packaging fetch a little more of a premium than those loose.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Some people believe that the OGP for coins from the Mint can add to the value of the coin, but that theory does not extend to firms outside of the Mint. In some cases, these companies will use the cheapest packaging available, and many buyers will remove the coins from this packaging thinking it is better to be safe than sorry. Regarding cello-wrap, there is absolutely no benefit to leaving coins in it. It offers absolutely no protection from damage.

Chris

4. Don P

Don P Active Member

Thanks Chris. I'll probably just take them out of the packaging and put them in tubes for safe storage. thanks.

5. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

The bottom line is ASE,S are bullion, period ! condition is secondary, i see a few people grade bullion coins but the question is why ? it can be down right ugly !!
    are the most gorgeous thing on the planet, it just doesnt matter !!

6. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

All of my single ASEs don't come in cello-wrap ??
    Their just in misc flips; other than tubes of them in US Mint tubes. I've bought from Provident, APMEX and others.

don't get them graded, it will cost you too much.
    There are plenty of graded MS ASEs out there without much overhead added to the cost ==> https://www.apmex.com/category/22113/silver-eagles-pcgs-certified?ipp=120

I store all my ASEs in US Mint tubes. I have spare tubes for various years I have less than 20 of.

Draft saved Draft deleted