Other Bullion Investing forums: By Popularity

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Del Pinto, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Del Pinto

Del Pinto Active Member

Someone asked me which other BULLION forums I'd seen to recommend. I wondered which are most popular (frequented: Views, Replies, Posts) so I decided to compare a few during 1 week in early April, same days and counting methodology, etc. for new threads. (Presume some of you already post at these already.) Here's what I found:

Kitco Silver
    15 New Threads per week, avg 13.73 replies, avg 816 views

Kitco Gold
    19 New Threads per week, avg 8.42 replies, avg 631 views

SilverStackers
    15 New Threads per week, avg 11.13 replies, avg 389 views

CoinTalk Bullion
    9 New Threads per week, avg 9.55 replies, avg 218 views

Gold is Money2 (Gold Silver) http://www.goldismoney2.com/forum.php
    8 New Threads per week, avg 3.66 replies, avg 162 views

Any other serious bullion English-language bullion investing forums, visible and free to examine, which are at least as popular as these listed above? Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. doug5353

doug5353 Well-Known Member

Silver Stackers is out of Australia, so it doesn't have much relevance to Americans, one problem being that virtually all older Australian silver coins are numismatic, due to low mintages and low retention rates.

No such thing as "junk silver" there. In turn, the Proof Sets are so pricey that no one breaks them up for silver.

That said, I find the big Australian stamp blog (www.stampboards.com) is one of the best philatelic resources in the world.

midas1 likes this.
  4. Del Pinto

Del Pinto Active Member

Interesting to hear that about Silver Stackers; it's more popular than CT Bullion, anyway.
    GIM2 isn't so trafficked, true, but the quality of posting (IQ) is vastly superior to what we read here.

5. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

6. silverbullion

silverbullion Active Member

7. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

bullionstacker.com

aronsamma likes this.
  8. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

One must note the irony of your post. ...

silverbullion and treehugger like this.
  9. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

What nice, endearing comments you make. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to light my Cohiba, sip some brandy and put on some Vivaldi while I wait for my snobby friends to arrive.

midas1 and silverbullion like this.
  10. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Why is that snobby??? That is just an observation from DP which may or may not be true. It shouldn't be taken as as a negetive. All forums have different different "personalites" and folks should gravitate to one that suit their needs. IMO, for example this forum has a lot of "here is a good deal" posts. Nothing wrong with that, but as pure info goes, not as high quality as other types of posts.

no_cents likes this.
  11. silverbullion

I fail to see how TH's post detract from the fact that "All forums have different different "personalites" and folks should gravitate to one that suit their needs." It doesn't remove the fact that some deem themselves as "vastly superior", which is as snobbish as it gets. Yes, perhaps it was just an observation, but it still comes over as snobbish on account of the language used. It is most definitely not a positive in my book. I have very little time for snobs

Edited.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015
  12. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

So are you saying all forums are equal in every way???? Or there actually are differences, such as types of content, and levels of participants knowledge, but we shouldn't talk about that since we could hurt people's feelings. It is one or the other, you can't have it both ways.

13. silverbullion

You still don't get it. You continue to jump to half edited conclusions. :rolleyes:

14. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Please explain then, Are we not allowed to talk about different expertise levels at different sites and why? Do you feel it is rude? Do you not want to hurt people's feelings, did you feel personally insulted?

I think it is positive to openly chat about such things. Free communication is awesome, I would not trade it for anything. So please communicate your point. At this point, I am fully expecting you just to repeat yourself and so "Oh you just don't get it", but that would just show you are unable to articulate your point, and most likely means your argument does not hold water. So PLEASE let's hear it.

Mike

15. silverbullion

Mike,

There is a difference between talking about different levels of expertise and to be snobbish about it by using phrases such as "vastly superior". Just because we believe it is snobbish, doesn't mean that we're saying that "all forums are equal in every way" or deny that "there actually are differences, such as types of content, and levels of participants knowledge". I got annoyed by this, because you're trying to attribute something to us that is simply not true.

The most intelligence people I've met in my life are humble, willing to listen and willing to teach others. The moment someone uses language such as "vastly superior" the first thought that jumps to mind is "a-hole alert". It reminds me of a guy called John from Wales that I met in England way back. He carried himself as someone with unmatched intelligence and treated the rest of us as if we were outright idiots. He annoyed the living daylights out of everybody.

So one day I asked him before everybody present, because he loved that kind of attention, how does one spell the word "address"? I knew how to spell it, but wanted to test him. He couldn't spell it and made a royal ass out of himself. He learned that day to be humble and not to be snobbish about the knowledge he think he has.

Paul

Jason Hoffpauir likes this.
  16. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

OK, fair enough, it seems the issue is the wording itself was a bit rough. For a thick skinned person as myself, that would certainly go right over my head, as it would not phase me a bit. I simply saw it as a statement of observation which I believe DP has every right to post and is healthy communication. To your point, maybe there is a little more room for etiquette in the World.

silverbullion likes this.
  17. silverbullion

Mike, I am pretty thick skinned myself, but this doesn't mean that I will allow others to attribute things to me that are not true. I was not really offended by the "vastly superior", I took it as snobbish and that was pretty much the long and short of it. What annoyed me was your attempts to attribute things to us that are not true.

In any case, we're more or less on the same line. Let the free communication continues and let both the snobs and simpletons have a say. :)

18. Del Pinto

Del Pinto Active Member

We have to suffer fools and be nice to idiots on CT ("Oh, you're soooo snobby/judgmental/etc.") but that's not the case on all forums. Though GIM2 guys have rough edges, in terms of PM expertise and investing, they read light-years beyond the average posts on CT "Bullion Investing." (Vastly: surpassingly, exceedingly, tremendously, astoundingly. Yes, all those and more.)

One might be tempted to write "entirely different, actually" but really: it's a serious bullion investor website. For example, they all knew and discussed the Tulving Fraud about five months BEFORE it was ever mentioned here. That sort of thread reveals a depth and breadth of PM investing totally lacking on CT, simply. When you're like the last PM forum to learn of the biggest retail bullion scandal in decades... you're not well-informed.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  19. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

I think the irony you are missing is....You Post Here, You Are A Member Here...if you, as a member of the chic forums knew of this highly classified and privileged Tulving scandal, why didn't you share that over here? Seems like kind of a phallic move, or lack of...

silverbullion likes this.
  20. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

I would have 2 questions for the OP:

First, if many posts in this forum are not up to the standards of his refined palate, why does he continue to slum around here?

Second and more importantly, why would he even consider asking for other forum recommendations from us babbling plebeians?

Anyway, I have to get ready for my weekly Hayseeds Anonymous meeting.

21. silverbullion

[​IMG]

"Sonny, as a member of this forum, why didn't you tell us about the Tulving Fraud? Why did you sit on it that long? What purpose does it serve to come bragging about it here?"

JBOCON likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted