Open Invitation....

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Ken Dorney, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

So, when I found Coin Talk I had intentions of just considering it my private place where I could just, well, talk coins. But, I suppose things change. As the youngest person of my family's generation I have seen many pass away, and recently I realized that there are few left. Well, just two from my Dads generation. Scattered all over the globe, but most are in Ireland and Australia (just a few of us in the US). I have dreams of taking my kids to Dublin to see the house my dad was born in. Yea, touchy, feely, etc. But, I want to make it happen. $20 or so at a time. I think it is possible. Yea, I am a full time dealer and all that and I suppose my advertisements are suspect. But, I do have goals, not for me but for my kids. Ooh. That sounds like a sales pitch. Well, maybe it is. Anyway, I really dont want to step on Johns toes (but I guess I am, I am truly sorry buddy!), but I have posted some coins on auction here on CT. The thread is in the For Sale category: https://www.cointalk.com/threads/wts-ancient-coins-auction.285641/

Maybe I can sell a few things, maybe you can get some things you want.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Where in CA are you located?

4. Ken Dorney

Redding. The "true North State". I find it funny people think Bakersfield is "Northern California". Its like people have never looked at a map before!

Insider likes this.
  5. Kentucky

Redding...I thought that was in PA :) I'm where all loose things in the state end up, in Southern CA.

6. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Bakersfield is "middle of nowhere" California. I don't see how anybody north of San Diego can consider that NorCal. :p

7. Kentucky

Isn't Redding going to be the capitol of the State of Jefferson?

8. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Hey man, the more the merrier! :)

9. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

:facepalm::( You Just reminded me that I missed a movie we wanted to see! BigMoney is suppose to keep track of these things for us.

Kentucky likes this.
  10. Ken Dorney

Ugh. Don't get me started! While there is historical basis for Jefferson, it would be the poorest state in the union! Just a bunch of crackpots. I am certain Puerto Rico will be a state before them,and they don't even want to be a state!

Hispanicus and Kentucky like this.
  11. Pishpash

Pishpash Well-Known Member

Google Earth, street view. :happy:

Alegandron likes this.
  12. Ken Dorney

Thanks dude! Really don't want to tread on ya. Only one bid so far so I don't think I will be encroaching...

13. Nicholas Molinari

Nicholas Molinari Well-Known Member

It says I do not have sufficient privileges to reply. Are we supposed to just send you the bids via PM? Maybe you should state that.

14. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

In the Buy/Sell/Trade threads no one can reply.

15. Ken Dorney

Yea, I have been there but it's not the same. Years ago when I went there, there was a tiny old lady, my brother and I were just standing in front of that house, she looked at us and stated that 'you have the look of Brendan on ya'. She lived next door and amazingly she rememberd my dad. Amazing. These people are now gone but I hope that I can connect this to my kids.

Pishpash likes this.
  16. Ken Dorney

Jeez. I am sorry if my ignorance of the ct system is making it hard. Just send a private message, I will handle it.

17. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Honestly, I would be happy to trade coins only among friends at CT. Whenever I sell anything on eBay to a stranger, I always wonder if the coin is going to be properly respected and cared for. I never have that worry here.

Kentucky and TIF like this.
  18. Pishpash

When I was about 7 years old, we lived in this MASSIVE farmhouse. It came with a barn, vegetable garden and orchard.

I had the opportunity of stopping by about 40 years later. It was a tiny cottage :D

Alegandron, TIF and Andres2 like this.
  19. Ken Dorney

I don't have any misconceptions about how my dad grew up. He told me all about how poor it was in Ireland. Check out the movie My Left Foot. My dad grew up with that guy, he had many stories about him. That was before anyone knew who he was. One thing they didn't put in the movie: my dad and his friends nailed a tin can to his wheelchair so he could put a pint with a straw. Dad told me he was more of a drunk than most!

Pishpash and Jwt708 like this.
  20. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I thought that this was the true north of the state........

thO6UTKZ8Q.jpg

21. Pishpash

Wow, now that's a tree.

TypeCoin971793 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted