One Tube of American Silver Eagle Coins=Price??

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Feb 4, 2021.

1. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Looking back at some of my recent purchases, I bought a tube of 20 2020 ASEs from Monument Metals in March when spot was $17.15 - total cost, shipped free, was $400.20 (no sales tax yet at that time) - that's $20.01 per coin, a 16.7% markup. At that premium and today's spot of around $27, I'd be willing to pay around $31.50 per coin, or $630 for a tube of 20, plus $41.74 sales tax (ouch :eek:).

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 05Wildcats

05Wildcats Well-Known Member

Supply and demand. LCS was charging $10 over spot on Thurs. Did not have any in stock. Taking up to 3 weeks if ordering more.

4. John Johnson

John Johnson Well-Known Member

The spot price today is $27.73, so they should be worth close to $560.00 at melt.

fretboard likes this.
  5. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yeah, still too much for this old timer! :D

6. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

7. 05Wildcats

05Wildcats Well-Known Member

I saw Eagles for $769 a roll today. Based on spot of 27.50. Back date rolls.

8. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

I notice that Provident Metals now has a $299 MINIMUM order. I probably won't be doing business with them again.

fretboard likes this.
  9. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

I paid $655 each for tubes of 2020 ASEs.

10. Gam3rBlake

So does JM Bullion.

11. Gam3rBlake

I hear that the US Mint has plans to make a 1oz gold PROOF 2021 Morgan Dollar.

OMG can you imagine how beautiful they would look?

12. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

And can you imagine how expensive they'll be?

Gam3rBlake likes this.
  13. fretboard

Yes, I remember around 3 weeks ago there was a seller on craigslist selling tubes for $600, that was too much for me then, now the price is way up. Some truly believe the POS is going to an unbelievable price point. That's fine, good luck to y'all, I'm gonna sit this one out but just as a side note, all the gold bugs on Youtube are now selling the idea of buying silver! :D

14. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

I guess they only want the big boys buying from them, not us small time collectors on a budget. Plus with their high premiums on top of it, I can't say what I think here.

15. Gam3rBlake

Probably like $500/oz over spot so like $2400 or so.

It shouldn’t cost more than a 1oz Proof AGE. ‍♂️

16. Gam3rBlake

Some people don’t have any silver though and I guess they figure it’s better to buy some physical now then try to wait and hope the price goes down instead of up.

I paid $655 on APMEX for a tube of ASEs and they have pretty high prices so I imagine people could get them much cheaper somewhere else.

17. fretboard

True, for all I know I could be making a big mistake and silver may shoot up to $60 in a couple of months, nobody knows. :D With the "Green New Deal"coming into play, I totally understand the frenzy but between silver and gold, me sticks to gold!

18. Gam3rBlake

All I know is that when the government starts printing massive amounts of money there is serious inflation.

For example: The Weimar Republic after WW1.

Germany tried to pay off WW1 reparations by printing massive amounts of money and eventually the money became worthless and people needed wheelbarrows of money to buy a loaf of bread.

It got so bad that the Allies demanded that Germany pay reparations in gold, silver, and other tangible physical assets like machinery & coal.

People actually used the money as WALLPAPER!

I am afraid our government will start printing trillions of dollars to provide free healthcare, free college, etc., and the US Dollar will be severely devalued.

However gold & silver are gold & silver. If the dollar is devalued gold & silver will not be devalued.

I try to keep my investments 90% stocks and 10% precious metals.

Right now I am about 50% gold 50% silver.

Caption: German man uses devalued papiermarks as wallpaper. 1923

Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-00104,_Inflation,_Tapezieren_mit_Geldscheinen.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    slackaction1 and UncleScroge like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted