Now is the time to sell homies

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Eminem, Sep 27, 2014.

1. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

Silver might go dormant for 20-30 years again. It tends to do that.

Revi likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I think we might be headed lower this morning. Silver was down to $16.40. That's down about a buck! Do you think it was the Fed's announcement of no more QE that did it? We are in some very strange waters now. Watch for icebergs!

4. Eminem

Eminem Active Member

All that gravity homie. Hopefully it goes back to five dollas an ounce so I can buy some!

5. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Just remember -- this is your best opportunity in almost five years to SELL LOW!

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The Bank of Japan surprised most by announcing they were buying assets, continuing their quantitative easing, even as the US announced towards the other direction, driving the yen much lower to the USD. Since EU seems to be ready to continue same, and China should, the USD will continue to strengthen against world currencies and drive commodities lower, including oil and metals. The US export to import ratio is increasing, just what certain people and parties wished for several years ago. Well except they expected PM to increase rather than decrease. Japan's 1.2 T$ pension fund has announced they will double their domestic and foreign stock holdings. I suspect that US and US- multinational stocks will be the headliners. I think for long term investors, the mining companies will be more attractive than bullion , but a higher risk/reward area.

8. Numismania

Numismania You hockey puck!!

Keep stacking homies!!! Long term here anyway, and I'll see that $50 or more an oz, and THEN I'll dump 'em all. But until then, I'll keep on stacking....not 100oz's at a time, but 5-10 oz here and there....because I simply LOVE the way silver looks in my grubby little (well, big) hands!!

9. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Eminem:

It takes nothing to predict that silver, and quite possibly everything in existence goes through cycles. It's like prophesying that matter will decay over time.

It's takes nothing for a carpenter forman to fascinate the apprentices with: "that column is at least a quarter inch out of plume. I can see it. Put a level on it and I'll prove it to you."

Really? What are the odds that's it's not out of plume?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  10. Numismania

Numismania You hockey puck!!

So, what we are REALLY saying is....Homie is just GUESSING at BEST? What a complete SHOCKER!!

11. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I think we may have hit some kind of a bottom yesterday, home slices. They say that $15.86 was support, so maybe we're bouncing off the bottom, but maybe not. In the meantime I be stacking! I found some at a LCS this weekend, but I didn't have money with me, so I couldn't buy at spot plus tax. I am kicking myself a bit, but c'est la vie! I have heard that we might have some time to buy, maybe 6 months before it goes back up again.

12. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

A few weeks ago silver dropped to the high $16s then bounced back up and stayed in the $17 range. This just looks like another one of those situations. I think silver is going to keep on falling, just going to be hitting a few branches on it's way down. I have no specific reason to believe that, it's just what I feel way down in my plums.

13. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I have specific reason to think the bottom is going to be several dollars/oz further down,~ the greatly increasing strength of the USD. Those that have held the thought that the USD was going to be destroyed/defaulted by other currencies were dead wrong at this point. To maintain this thought or push it as a reason to buy PM is dead wrong. The Yen, Singapore Dollar, etc. is in deep trouble and is similar to the point the US was in during the 2006-2010 era. The USD is in a multiyear high, and add the increase towards less oil dependency the US has shown lately, the USD increase is crushing PM, even through many news items which would have increase PM a few years ago. At least read a few articles and think about it before predicting prices that might actually influence some people who know little about PM. There is no secret intrinsic value or financial safety in PM beyond their dollar value as a commodity. If you already have a large amount and don't want to sell now and buy cheaper later, then consider how much security, etc. is costing you for a long time.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dollar-climbs-yen-boj-passes-003013487.html

Draft saved Draft deleted