Notes in which you have found special meaning / coincidences

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Blasty, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Blasty

Blasty Gold Member

The note I am posting has been posted before (circulation finds). However, after seeing this thread: https://www.cointalk.com/threads/1963-k-series-note.364420/ which discusses interpreted "meanings" of the numbers and letters on a note, I had a thread idea.

I would like to see notes you have found that have special meaning *to you* or otherwise interesting coincidences, even if they are not necessarily "fancy serial numbers".

The note I have is my "Engineer's Note" or "Kilobyte Note". I can glean all sorts of made up meaning from it which only adds value to me, personally.
    • Serial Number: 1024 is the number of bytes in a kilobyte, which is neat to me.
    • District Letter: K of course is for Kilobyte!
    • District Numbers: 11. Take 11 bits. 00000000000. Flip the 11th position. 10000000000. In binary, that translates to the decimal number 1024!
    • 1024 is a perfect power of two. There are only so many serial numbers with this property. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 512, 1024, etc.
    [​IMG]

Let's see some notes in which you have found special meaning!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I think your note is special due to being a low serial number. As a point of interest, the note is also considered to be a Kennedy dollar, as it was Dallas, and K for Kennedy, and 11 was November, when he was assassinated.
    I found a $20 note the other day with 1776 at the end, but unfortunately just mixed numbers before it.

SchwaVB57 likes this.
  4. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

That's pretty cool . . . . .

upload_2020-8-12_16-1-41.png

upload_2020-8-12_16-3-20.png

See if you can get THIS one . . . . .

upload_2020-8-12_16-4-21.png

Blasty likes this.
  5. Blasty

Blasty Gold Member

ZoidMeister, I love the last one, even though I always have to point out that electrical engineers screw it up using "j" because "i" is already reserved (current as a function of time). :p

ZoidMeister likes this.
  6. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Haha. My math teacher always had the top mug on his desk.
    For the bottom one, it's been a while since I've dealt with sigma notation, but it helped jog the memory.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  7. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Train-off-the-rails.gif

Sorry for the derail @Blasty . It's sometimes difficulty to get past engineering jokes.

I work with an office full of them, but I've never driven a train . . . . . . :rolleyes:

Back to the currency discussions . . . . . .

money gif 01.gif

Draft saved Draft deleted