1963 K series Note

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Tracy Henderson, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Tracy Henderson

Tracy Henderson Active Member

So I was given this back in change...at a coin show no less. Long crazy story short, I researched this note, not finding a lot, but one thing I read was bonkers, it says it is called the "JFK Assassination Conspiracy Note"...????? Has anyone heard of this? Is this note something cool?
    P.S. I am not into Conspiracies, I don't want to even talk about that aspect of this bill, just what they happen to name it.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I am not a bill person but I can tell you this. It is not uncommon for dealers at a coin show to give interesting change back to excited numismatists.

4. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

Look it up on the Internet. The note is from the Dallas District and was issued shortly before he was killed.

Kentucky and Tracy Henderson like this.
  5. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Excellent shape for a 1963 note. I've never gotten a note as old as that in change. Bravo

yakpoo and Tracy Henderson like this.
  6. Tracy Henderson

Like I said kind of a long story..but after I learn about star notes I went through my cash. I had put his change back to me in a different wallet. (the one a search before I spend..) I didn't have any change until his. I noticed it was a 1963 and in really nice shape, he had a look on his face that suggested he didn't, almost annoyed with himself. He grabbed a sleeve, placed it in the sleeve and said you do a little research on that one." I didn't know if he was upset at the situation or not, but I told him thank you a bunch and bought the kiddo a few more coins he was eyeballing

Mike Davis and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  7. Tracy Henderson

OH I have done my research...
    OK so the Conspiracy goes..
    The 11's are all added up to the age JFK was 44.
    The series is a Dallas note, they printed just before he was assassinated.
    Which was November 22...Which the serial # stars with 022.

I haven't found any with the actual 22 in the serial #, just a couple starting with 63...

Insider likes this.
  8. Tracy Henderson

Thank you!

9. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Some people try to create a mystical association between the 1963 $1 Dallas district note and the Kennedy assassination. It’s basically all coincidence. Very similar to the Kennedy - Lincoln coincidences that are age old folklore. The OP’s note is also a mule.

yakpoo and alurid like this.
  10. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

It's nice and crisp. But there's no JFK connection. They probably printed millions of bills with Dallas seals in 1963.
    My price guide lists it at $1.25 circulated, $2 uncirculated. (Perhaps the mule is more.) Which is probably why it was used at face value at a coin show. I have received a 1979-S SBA in change at a coin show. Some things are not worth holding onto even if they are worth slightly above face.
    Personally, I like it and would sleeve it and save it.

Tracy Henderson likes this.
  11. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

A Mule is close to a Donkey...but not quite the same.

12. Tracy Henderson

Thank you for all the info! Learned something new today..mule note. I just wasn't sure if it something people looked for. It is cool, I think I'll keep it in my collection. Thank you again, ya'll rock!!

Dr Kegg and yakpoo like this.
  13. Mike Davis

Mike Davis Well-Known Member

I don't collect currency. Do I have to ask, what is a mule note?

14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I'd kept the bill as it has a 1963 date with Dillion's signature and it's in great shape. Nothing big but neat to have.

15. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

16. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I heard somewhere that's the reason you see proof Presidential Dollars in circulation every now and then (I've gotten 5 impaired proof dollars from LA metro machine change).

Apparently some dealers will get a bunch of coins and do a bulk submission hoping for a PR70 for the premium. Any 68 or 69 and below are cracked out and spent, as it costs the dealer more money to store and advertise a $2-3 slabbed coin than simply spending it at face.

17. Mike Davis

Mike Davis Well-Known Member

18. CaptainMK

CaptainMK Active Member

I personally think its a keeper, as I would keep it.

19. Tracy Henderson

For sure going into the collection!

Draft saved Draft deleted