NORFED

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Broncoholic, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Broncoholic

Broncoholic Well-Known Member

I don't know about anyone else, but I like these NORFED's! Here are a couple rather rare ones.

IMG_1677.JPG IMG_1676.JPG IMG_1668.JPG IMG_1667.JPG IMG_1666.JPG

asheland, longnine009, ddddd and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Several of them have had pretty attractive designs

Broncoholic likes this.
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I like the obverse design but I think there is too much going on on the reverse.

Broncoholic likes this.
  5. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Are NORFED the same as Liberty Dollars? *face palm*

I suppose this is a good piece of history for it being an Interesting artifact of the anti-government types.

6. Broncoholic

I've heard that "liberty dollars" came about, after the maker of NORFED was arrested and are somewhat different then the true NORFED coins. Of course, I'd welcome anyone who might know more than I do to chime in.

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Similar threads have had short lives as there always seems to be members who wish to carry it into political discussion concerning the script on the tokens. Stay on it for "Bullion Investing" forum only, Thanks, Jim

Broncoholic likes this.
  8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

[​IMG]

Broncoholic likes this.
  9. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I like the one with the bear. Are these silver? What's the value of these?

10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Just trying to help out our bullion members on the Weekend after thanksgiving.

Broncoholic likes this.
  11. Broncoholic

These are .999 silver. Most are 1oz, the "stop the war" piece is a half oz. The value is kind of all over the road. On ebay they sell from $35-$75 for the ones with State names. But the 1998 is approx $200. And the rarest "Stop the war" half oz is approx $350. However, most can be found in dealer bins for $25 (or whatever they charge for silver) because they don't exactly know what they are.

12. britannia40

britannia40 Well-Known Member

I think i have one of the older copper bullion issues. This was about the time before the goverment got involved. It was a nice liberty head piece i will take some pucs if i can find it.

Broncoholic likes this.
  13. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Thanks.

Broncoholic likes this.
  14. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

You could always counter punch it.
    How about: Go Ole Mises!

15. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

Those are pretty cool.

Broncoholic likes this.
  16. DrDarryl

DrDarryl Well-Known Member

In my collection ... norfed.jpg

Broncoholic likes this.
  17. DrDarryl

DrDarryl Well-Known Member

Some interesting research that I performed ... The 1975 and 1992 issues are by the Royal Hawaiian Mint. Bernard von NotHaus is the creator of the Liberty Dollar and co-founder of the Royal Hawaiian Mint. He lifted some of his earlier designs for the first Liberty dollar. norfeddesign.jpg

Broncoholic and baseball21 like this.
  18. MLee78

MLee78 New Member

I live 10 minutes from where the place in Evansville used to be. It was in the same "strip mall", right next door to the gun shop in town with the only indoor shooting range that I used to go once a week or so. At the time (I was 20-21), as anyone that age, hadn't begun to think about silver/gold/inflation resistant investments (investing period really), but went in there one day after a cpl hours on the range. I listened to the guy and did a little askin around about precious metals investment, and next trip to the range, instead of buying extra ammo and range time, I went in and made my first transaction. Over the next few years, I accumulated a cool little stash of the coins (and a few of the bills). I was cleaning out the back bottom of safety deposit box and came across them, came home with them to get an idea what they might be worth today. I figured spot value, maybe the odd ones a bit more, so imagine my surprise to see the half was that much as I have bout a dozen of the stop the war half's, and a couple rolls worth of other misc. The dude was a good guy, the first day I met him and he broke down the principle and what he was doing, it wasn't subversive...he was doing what he said (and I feel he had the right to do). None the less, they're all cool...

Broncoholic likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted