Norfed-Liberty Dollars

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by tmoneyeagles, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Juan Blanco

Juan Blanco New Member

I actually love the idea of coining your own PM money (props to Nothouse for the courage for that, simply) but he blew it in so many ways. The Paper was a criminal ripoff of epic proportions, but it's still trading too.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of his coin designs. The legends (fonts) are tacky; aesthetically they're junky coins. Of all, I do like the classic-stypled/replica Gold-Plated KING Kalakaua 2007 Dala Hawaii Dala 1 Ounce .999 SILVER Liberty Dollar, and (kitsch-factor) recent 2nd Amendment Ruger "Not Norfed" (hahaha!) made for Bud's Gun Shop. I'm guessing Bud's were new dies or whatever survived the Fed's raids. Maybe someone has more info.

Norfed auctions are still sneaking through: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NORFED-20-Liberty-Dollars-1-Ounce-999-silver-2005-Type-2-/140920245013

On 2/21/2013 POS was $28.72/ozt, that particular Norfed bullion round sold on eBay for USD $46.

The range for Ag bullion on eBay that date was $33. - 37. ; the average bullion price was $35.47/ozt, so the 'eBay premium for retail bullion' was 23.5%
    The range for Ag coin (numimatic value) was likewise $36.70 - 66. ; the average Ag Coin price was $42.13/ozt, so the 'eBay premium for retail coin' was 18.8%

fwiw, the uncirc Au-grade Norfed "varietal" was about 9% pricier than the average ebay Ag .999 coin; or, at market, it's about as desirable as a dinged vintage art-bar or older, unslabbed ASE (Au grade.) Given the extraordinary price-collapse (eroded premium) of the Norfed market so far - and in fair comparison to bullion alternatives in today's mkt - I really can't see how generic Norfeds offer collectors any better investment value in the future than Pandas, art-bars, Kookburras, odd commemoratives, etc.

Additional risk with Norfeds (the illiquidity of contraband) warrants further discounting too, I think.

4. animal

animal New Member

5. animal

animal New Member

I knew Jeff very well and he didn't do this over possessing or selling Liberty Dollars or NORFED'S

6. animal

animal New Member

Looks like you got a Aspen Dollar posted The first minted after the Liberty Dollar Closed the Austin Dollar art work was BVNH'S as well as the Bud Dollar The 2000 Block Date is more rare then the script date. also looks like you got two SMI's One Michigan can't tell the other. The 2003 1/10 oz was a very nice round as well. can't tell what else is in photo. There is a web page up-kept by the former RCO in Michigan Ron Goodger

https://sites.google.com/site/libertydollarencyclopedia/

Travlntiques likes this.
  7. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

I sold a majority of what you see in that photo already. I still have the Aspen Dollar, and the fractional liberty. Plus the 2009 dated one. The states I had were, Michigan, Missouri, Alaska, and Montana, I THINK it was the Montana L.D. Either way I made a profit. I knew the block date was rare, but I couldn't find a price anywhere online of what one sold for.

Draft saved Draft deleted