Next step silver - over $20.00

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Sep 7, 2009.

1. dave92029

dave92029 Member

The ratio of silver to gold has gone from over 66:1 to under 63:1
    Some believe that the "normal" ratio s/b around 54:1 which would make give us $1300 Gold and $23 Silver, which I believe to be much more realistic targets in the term term. Just my guess.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

She already knows her next PoS and PoG levels so a new thread could be created now or as soon as silver touches this arbitrary mark.

4. immytay1

immytay1 Member

wow silver is really close to $20

5. krispy

krispy krispy

If $23 is near term, there's plenty of buying and holding onto to be done.

Since it will likely be longer than we expect, there's a lot of time to make acquisitions. :D

6. immytay1

immytay1 Member

odd thing about silver today is that the dollar is stronger against the yen

7. dave92029

dave92029 Member

If $2.50 over spot is a "normal" markup, that is 12.5% and 23 is a 15% increase from where we are so IF you bought NOW, you would have a slight profit / break even at a $23 Spot. That $2.50 markup is likely to increase as the Spot price increases (look at gold retail vs spot).

Selling via places like eBay are murder. They charge a listing fee, a 9% sales fee and a 2.3% PayPal fee. Right now eBay fees eat up approx. $2.50 /oz

Buy now or on dips below $20 IMHO

8. krispy

krispy krispy

+1 but avoid eBay unless you can take advantage as a Buyer of eBay Bucks program.

9. sampson

sampson New Member

I believe to buy now, my uncle is a big financial investor in Manhatten and when I spoke to him this morning his opinion is that we won't see silver's high until late Sept to middle of October. I think that by November we will see silver @ $23.00 for about a week

10. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY:

GOLD: $1,250.70
    Silver: $19.91
    Platinum: $1563
    Palladium: $533

11. immytay1

immytay1 Member

come on 9 more cents

12. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY:

GOLD: $1,249.30 -- High so far today $1,252.10
    Silver: $19.90 -- High so far today $19.97
    Platinum: $1561
    Palladium: $534

13. immytay1

immytay1 Member

wish it would hit $20 already

14. krispy

krispy krispy

Sorry Elaine. But silver did not hit $20/oz. today or this week as you asked. I will try harder to make the magic happen for you soon.

CURRENTLY: After the US market close for Friday, 9/3/2010

GOLD: $1,247.60 -- High $1,252.10
    Silver: $19.87 -- High $19.97
    Platinum: $1,561 -- High $1,571
    Palladium: $533 -- High $537

15. davemac

davemac dave

why did you not call me up and between the two of us we could have make the magic happen:u*meY: . we were only 3 cents away :so-sad::computer:

16. krispy

krispy krispy

It's a holiday weekend here in the States... I'll hit ya' up next week Dave. Promise. ;)

17. davemac

davemac dave

even with her new thread :D

18. krispy

krispy krispy

I foresee no involvement on my behalf in her new thread. As soon as we reach $20 on this one it will be useless to continue on here. I think this one and the other on gold at $1,350 suffice to prove how untimely her predictions are, here at one year and still shy of $20 PoS and far from $1,350 PoG. No, for bullion discussion, I will take up other topics, not just monitoring prices and prediction follies. :D

19. davemac

davemac dave

good choice as far as i am thinking. Any body's guess .
    the way i look at it keep on buying , like i am paying 20 euros for a oz with exchange rates thats going on $24 a oz. so this thread is over as far as i am concerned .dave

20. krispy

krispy krispy

The closer she gets the longer she seems to take to breech the $20/oz. barrier... just because it's this close doesn't mean it's a sure thing in the very near term, but it 'could' reach this point soon too.

Silver To Gain Momentum Above $20
    from Kitco.com 9/3/10

21. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Almost to $20.00:thumb:!

Draft saved Draft deleted