Next step silver - over $20.00

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Sep 7, 2009.

1. krispy

krispy krispy

What is so important about $20? There's certainly more potential you can look forward to with regards to silver in the future.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Probably the psychological barrier. Eventhough silver already broke that a couple years ago right? The key though is to be consistentely above $20. $20 needs to be the new floor...

I'm assuming right now $17 is the new floor since I have not seen it hit below that for quite awhile....

4. krispy

krispy krispy

If past performance, which cannot be relied upon, demonstrates the month of September to be even remotely similar in increases to last years, as shown in the charts above, one's anxiety for the $20 barrier might well be assuaged and focus instead placed on accumulation for the next level (barrier)... unless, $20 is your stepping off point.

5. xtronic

xtronic Junior Member

Come on $20!

For me, I am mostly looking forward to soundly breaking the $20 mark for one reason;

• The end of this tread!

;)

6. krispy

krispy krispy

hear hear!! :bow:

7. immytay1

immytay1 Member

Just checked silver.org and silver was at $19.50

8. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY:

GOLD: $1,252.60 -- High so far today $1,254.50
    Silver: $19.64 -- High so far today $19.70
    Platinum: $1551
    Palladium: $529

9. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY:

GOLD: $1,252.80 -- High so far today $1,254.50
    Silver: $19.73 -- High so far today $19.73
    Platinum: $1551
    Palladium: $528

10. immytay1

immytay1 Member

wow only 27 cents now that silver has cleared the $19.70 barrier I think there is a very strong chance for $20 silver

11. immytay1

immytay1 Member

Strange thing is that the dollar is stronger against the pound and weaker against the yen and only barely weaker against the euro

12. dave92029

dave92029 Member

Yup, but oil is up 1.3%, there is a deffinite link between Oil and Gold, just ask OPEC.

13. krispy

krispy krispy

Update:
    Winning bid was $680.02 + $12.50 s/h [eBay Bucks earned $13.60]

PoS: $19.68/oz. published Kitco Ask price
    PoG: $1,253.20/oz. published Kitco Ask price

14. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

Finally!!!!!!.......A finish above 19.50..........Silver closed at $19.65. Next stop for silver is $20 and then $23 (or more) at the end of this year. :)

15. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

it sounds like you got that krispy :D grats if you did! :D

16. krispy

krispy krispy

No I didn't but I was tempted. It's one of the few modern commems I have always liked and never sold when I unloaded all my modern silver commems a while back. I have the silver and clad coins from this series already but I have never picked up the gold pieces. The set looked really nice and for a set nearly 25 years old, it's not a bad price, IMO.

17. Evom777

Evom777 Make mine .999

For decades it was said that the precious metals market was only for the uneducated who could not truly fathom the markets....this may true for some, but now People are seeing clearly that manufacturing is NOT coming back here to the states....the overprinting of the dollar will amount to nothing good, and when oil will no longer be traded on the dollar,(which is coming) people will devour the precious metals.

Gold and silver go back to as far as roughly 1450 BC....Our fascination with them is well documented throughout history, and the Bible itself even warns Us of their allure. If these so called "experts" and investment officers would look at Our own history they would understand that the metals are only going up. I love watching their reactions on tv when the metals eclipse the growth of other markets. Lol....experts all right.

18. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Well I am a simple man after all.....and I just don't have the energy to really understand what wall st. is doing with my retirement funds...

19. Evom777

Evom777 Make mine .999

LOL....Unfortunately You are not alone. Many people are starting to wonder the same thing. Many of these so called retirement funds are starting to appear highly dubious. There are many people from all levels of society who are going more and more with metals market. I even know people who believe that society will eventually go back to the barter system....which would incorporate the precious metals to an extent. They want no part of the dollar, Amero, or whatever may come.
    The only people who are making real money on Wall street are some of the "day traders"......and even some of them are getting out for fear of a collapse.

20. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

silver high - $19.74/oz.
    gold high - $1,255.00/oz.

21. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY: In UK/EU markets Friday, 9/3/2010

GOLD: $1,253.30
    Silver: $19.69
    Platinum: $1568
    Palladium: $534

US market opening in an hour ten minutes...

Draft saved Draft deleted