Next step silver - over $20.00

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Sep 7, 2009.

1. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY: In UK/EU markets Wednesday, 9/1/2010

GOLD: $1,253.80
    Silver: $19.48
    Platinum: $1541
    Palladium: $517

US market opening in an thirty minutes...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. immytay1

immytay1 Member

come on 52 cents please

4. krispy

krispy krispy

A New Month

CURRENTLY: In US markets at the open for Wednesday, 9/1/2010

GOLD: $1,254.40
    Silver: $19.43
    Platinum: $1541
    Palladium: $525

5. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY: In US markets after the open for Wednesday, 9/1/2010

GOLD: $1,251.80 -- High so far today $1,256
    Silver: $19.42 -- High so far today $19.51
    Platinum: $1537
    Palladium: $526

6. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Just make sure it is your own decision based on your own analysis. Please don't take any action based on my [or anyone elses] recommendation.

7. dave92029

dave92029 Member

The initial sales figures for the 2010 Silver proof set is approx. 242,000+, which is lower than the previous two years. The US Mint sales figures on everything except bullion ASE's also appear to be lower. I was wondering if this info means that we are experiencing higher prices on lower volume? If so that is bullish if the supply is not being artificially constricted.
    The lower volume would normally be assumed to mean that more buyers are being priced out of the market due to higher prices, but if supply of the raw material remains constant then lower volume would be expected to drive prices at best sideways if not down.

I guess if I factor in the bullion ASE sales then Volume is actually UP, way UP, so is volume up or down? I'm confused by the numbers...help!

8. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY:

GOLD: $1,251.60 -- High so far today $1,256
    Silver: $19.42 -- High so far today $19.51
    Platinum: $1532
    Palladium: $522

9. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

No not at all. I've been back and forth on this for quite awhile now. I am a rollercoaster myself just as much as the prices of PM's are...

I didn't invest in PM's to make a profit. The 10oz bars I have are awfully ugly. I know that doesn't change the price so that makes me sleep better at night. But I think it would have probably been better for me to just go with ASE's....and you get them nicely fit in those coin holders....

I'm not done investing in silver, my goal hasn't been met yet....

10. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY: dow up 2.2%

GOLD: $1,247.40-- High so far today $1,256
    Silver: $19.35 -- High so far today $19.51
    Platinum: $1536
    Palladium: $521

11. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY:

GOLD: $1,248.30 -- High so far today $1,256
    Silver: $19.39 -- High so far today $19.51
    Platinum: $1539
    Palladium: $525

12. immytay1

immytay1 Member

Wondering why silver isnt up more the dollar is weaker against the euro, pound, and yen

13. krispy

krispy krispy

Yeah Elaine! Why isn't it up! You said we could see silver at/over $20 this week. Why so flat today? LOL!

It's not really down much at all, it's just a calm stable day for metals. Check other business news today/this week: Dow up 2.22% at the moment. Reports of supposedly better consumer confidence this week. Reports on manufacturing good. Tech- Apple announcements today giving a boost to that sector. It's a new month of trading, usually Sept. is a poor month for equities so perhaps a bit more volume moving in/out of positions. Look for a move to PMs again after the US holiday. US markets closed next Monday. Just some factors to consider.

CURRENTLY:

GOLD: $1,246.40 -- High so far today $1,256
    Platinum: $1540
    Palladium: $524

14. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Yeah me three, where are you Elaine? Where's my positive silver prices?

15. immytay1

immytay1 Member

just checked the currencies the dollar is stronger against the yen but weaker against the euro and pound

16. krispy

krispy krispy

...and Canada? Oh!, she's up too.

CURRENTLY: little to no change.

GOLD: $1,246.40 -- High so far today $1,256
    Platinum: $1540
    Palladium: $522

17. immytay1

immytay1 Member

seems like silver goes up even when the dollar is up against the canadian dollar

18. krispy

krispy krispy

I mentioned Canada because fools gold has mentioned a correlation(?) in the past.

19. immytay1

immytay1 Member

20. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Yeah, usually when CDN is doing well, it's the USD that's doing poorly. I haven't had my widget up lately since I've been using a new laptop so I still have widgets and other items I need to load up....

21. krispy

krispy krispy

Tempting fools gold. :D I don't see these 6-coin 1986 SoL commemorative sets come up too often. The current bid is up to $660 and probably won't go too much further unless a bidding war breaks out. The set contains: 2 x 90% silver $1, 2 x 90% gold $5 coins and $2 clad halves in the presentation box.

The gold content is .242 oz per coin, so pure intrinsic value is around $540 and the silver content is .7736 oz per coin, so about $27 at the moment. Shipping is another $12.50 on top of the final bid.

Just sayin'...
    :halo2:

Draft saved Draft deleted