Next step silver - over $20.00

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Sep 7, 2009.

1. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Thanks...that's the part I'm not 100% sure about...are they averaging just the A.M prices or both the A.M. and P.M. prices? If you know for sure one way or the other, please let me know...otherwise I gotta call Candice back :rolling:

Btw, here's another interesting item I missed earlier...

http://www.coinnews.net/2009/01/07/...num-coin-prices-weekly-using-london-fix-4662/

I take this to mean that...had the numbers dictated the Mint go to the next price bracket, the new pricing bracket would go into effect at 10:00 AM the next day (Thursday).

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

please call them and let us know. as for the other question. the mint sometimes change the price on wednesday and sometimes on thursday.

4. elaine 1970

silver evening break the recent record again at $17.52 per ounce. previous record is $17.50.

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Sittin' at $17.46 right now.....

6. elaine 1970

silver high right now is $17.59/oz.

7. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I hear ya'!! Folks this is very promising!! It may go higher than I thought! My guess has been that it would hit $1050.00 by December, but it may hit that level sooner. We'll see, I got this story off of Kitco! I am loving this! Yeah, watch the baby play the air guitar!! :hail:

Sep 15 2009 3:29PM​
    $1,000 Gold - Can It Last?

Gold cracked the $1,000-an-ounce barrier for a second time last week, and the New York spot price is now hovering right around that four-digit mark. The first time this happened, in March 2008, the price plummeted to the low $900s within a couple of days.
    No one knows what gold will do this time around, but there are some plausible reasons why the price could stay higher longer.
    The first reason is one that we’ve discussed before—we are now in what has historically been gold’s strongest season of the year. September is gold’s best month of the year in terms of month-over-month price appreciation, the key driver being jewelry makers stocking up for holiday buying in Asia, the Middle East and North America. This strength historically lasts until February.
    A second reason relates to the weak dollar due to prolonged rock-bottom interest rates and massive deficits being piled up in the U.S. Gold and the dollar typically move in opposite directions, so a weak dollar tends to be good for gold. That inverse relationship is intact so far in September—the DXY dollar index had lost 2 percent of its value through Friday, hitting a 12-month low, and over the same period spot gold has risen about 6 percent.
    A third reason is rebounding interest in commodities overall. Prices for copper, zinc and other metals have seen strength recently. This isn’t surprising, given the growing signs of economic recovery and the dollar weakness.
    In addition to these factors, Barrick Gold has reportedly purchased more than 2 million ounces of gold and is expected to buy another 3 million ounces to cut its hedge position by more than half.
    Many are afraid that a global economic recovery will unleash inflation. Stimulus spending by the Federal Reserve and central banks around the world has added several trillion dollars to the global money supply. This will eventually erode the value of the dollar and other currencies.
    There is an opposing fear that all of the stimulus spending won’t be enough to get the global economy out of its sickbed. What happens then? The Fed and others have made it clear that their medicine will be more stimulus spending, which will further devalue paper currencies.
    Either way, gold has appeal.
    As long as the global economy is transmitting mixed signals, gold stands to benefit as an uncertainty hedge and a store of value. How long the price is in the $1,000 range or higher remains to be seen, but this unusual convergence of factors creates favorable conditions for gold investors.

by Frank Holmes
    CEO and Chief Investment Officer
    U.S. Global Investors, Inc.

Attached Files:

8. Boss

Boss Coin Hoarder

I enjoy reading your predictions Elaine. I think when China and Japan start dumping more of our dollars (China's per capita wealth is substantially increasing currently from what I recall reading recently), and the current regime insists on bailout #2, the CC companies' deliquencies get to an unacceptable level and the foreclosure ban is lifted in Febuarary 2010, then things could get interesting. What would PM's do if the dollar nearly collapsed? Go through the roof I imagine. I am very bullish on PM's myself, but don't do the research that others do here like Yankee and Cloudsweeper, so it's just my amateur impressions.

9. elaine 1970

thanks boss. now silver reached even higher. today high is $17.69 per oz. gold high $1,025.10.

10. elaine 1970

can silver break the last year high?. it all depend on stock market and gold. if those continue to run upward. then it can.

gold trend - if gold break through $1,100.00 level. it can run up to $1,200.00. let's watch the next few days.

11. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

Yankee does research? LOL!

12. elaine 1970

gold hit all time record high again in europr tonight. price $1,049.50 an ounce. see further gain. silver should follow. hopefully go over $18.00 an ounce.

13. elaine 1970

14. elaine 1970

Silver break the last week high. Currently traded at $17.73 per ounce. Gold continue upward too.

15. Danr

Danr Numismatist

just amazing

16. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

With the US Mint no longer pressing 2009 W Proof or Unc coins this year, IMO, collectors are going to rush to buy 2009 Bullion coins to fulfill their silver lust. Hell, I've bought a 20 coin sealed tube of ASEs. I'll keep a couple and hold the rest for sale when Silver follows Gold up in price. It's too bad though, I really wanted the Proofs from West Point and the Burnished Uncs also. "I pity the fool" (from Mr. T) who is stashing dollars in their mattresses, not investing in something, and loosing buying power almost daily.

Bruce

17. elaine 1970

Gold break all time record high again. Gold $1,055.30 per ounce.

Silver also break last week high at $17.90 per ounce.

18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

19. elaine 1970

record high for gold is now at $1,059.40 an ounce. silver hit a high at $17.95 per ounce.

20. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

DAY-UM! :rolling:

21. elaine 1970

All time record high broken again today. Gold $1,059.60.

Silver, platinum and palladium all up.

Draft saved Draft deleted