Next step silver - over $20.00

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Sep 7, 2009.

1. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

That's a completely incorrect way of thinking. By that way of thinking, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett could not be considered wealthy unless and until they sold their respective shares in Microsoft and Berkshire Hathaway. The conversion to cash has nothing to do with wealth creation.

4. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

T-that! and NY yankees blow

5. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Au contrare! Microsoft and Berkshire Hathaway pay dividends :thumb:

In one sense you're correct...selling has nothing to do with Wealth Creation, but it has everything to do with Actual Wealth. That's why, in stock market circles, selling is called "Profit Taking".

Take the housing market, for instance...someone says, "My house is worth $500,000"...no it's not; it's worth a house. It's only worth $500,000 if you find someone willing to give you $500,000 for it and you actually close the deal.

My house appraised for 35% more two (2) years ago...but it's still the same house. The potential for wealth (in dollar terms) has changed, but the actual wealth hasn't.

I had the same silver I have now when silver was $20/Oz. It's still the same silver...PM me if you want to buy it @ $20/Oz :D...see my point?

6. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

true it hasn't changed
    but...
    you do realize it does have value without having to actually sell it...

7. elaine 1970

silver today is quite strong. currently traded at $16.92. and hit a high of $16.98. recent high is $17.02. gold now traded at $1,002.50. and hit a high of $1004.20

8. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Most anything has value...to someone (eBay proves that! :D). When you say value, I assume you mean "dollar value". Sure...it "equates" to some dollar value at any given snapshot in time, but it doesn't actually "lock in" that dollar value until it's sold..."dollars in hand". A subtle, but important point. :thumb:

The value of most everything approaches "zero" as you lay on your death bed...it's all relative. Enjoy it while you can.

9. elaine 1970

silver now at $17.08. high $17.08
    gold $1,010.90. high $1011.00
    platinum $1,336.00. high $1,336.00

10. krispy

krispy krispy

why are you constantly updating your post, you will never keep up with the up and down changes, there are live market charts for that

11. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

Get ready to SELL< SELL< SELL!

12. krispy

krispy krispy

action speaks louder than forum posts

13. Blueindian65

Blueindian65 Member

Just a thought

I for one am still buying. I think im actually going to run an add in the paper saying that I buy old junk coins ect.

14. elaine 1970

silver close at $17.05 an ounce. what will be the next move?.

15. krispy

krispy krispy

next it will open in asia.

16. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I agree. :cool:

17. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

How can you argue with that cute wittle bunny wabbit?

18. elaine 1970

asia is now trading at $1,009.70. and the silver is at $17.10 per ounce. see gold to break last year record soon.

19. krispy

krispy krispy

by "soon" you mean when? when it breaks that point? or do you have a guess? an exact date timed out? can you elaborate?

20. krispy

krispy krispy

:d

21. elaine 1970

my guess is within two weeks. gold have to break the last year high. or else gold can easily go back down to $850.00 area. but if gold break it. then gold should go up further to between $1,150.00 to $1,350.00 within these few months.

Draft saved Draft deleted