Next Level: GOLD $1,350.00

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Sep 11, 2009.

1. krispy

krispy krispy

While I do see PMs continuing to rise, that time frame is too far ahead to speculate the price, partly my point of involvement with this thread and lack of involvement with Elaine's other new 2011 speculation thread, after having abandoned this one before realizing $1,350, which she called for almost 13 months ago to happen by the end of 2009.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

ohhhh....hmmm....I misread you......

Well let's see, last year we were hovering around $1,000....so we are up about $300......

That would put us around $1600 next year this time.....depending on the momentum of how bad our debt is.... and how the masses pick up the pace on buying PM's....

4. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I agree but I get a kick out of ppl who make predictions, especially when they're selling gold with such steep prices. :D

5. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Hoping for an overnight dip so I can buy tomorrow....

=)

6. krispy

krispy krispy

All you need is a miracle :D

CURRENTLY: In the Asia-Pac markets for Tuesday, 10/5/2010

GOLD: $1,314.70
    Silver: $21.90

Platinum: $1670
    Palladium: $561

7. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

It's already starting to go back up. I made my purchase about 1 hour ago. Not going to take anymore chances....

8. krispy

krispy krispy

9. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

I've been on the sidelines for awhile, and during that time, prices have started going up. Will they go back down? Probably, but I need to go long and stay dedicated.

Remember those 1,000 posts I made about selling silver? I'm glad I didn't, and now I see the benefits of holding......

10. krispy

krispy krispy

Congrats on your holding on and going for the long haul.

11. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

No one really knows what gold and silver will do next. All we can do is make guesses (predictions) and watch what happens down the road. If silver continues to go up, then that is fine with me. If silver goes down from here, then that means I can buy silver for a lower price. Either way, it is a win-win situation for silver bugs.

12. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

It helps to talk about it on a daily basis....it also helps to be a little lazy and not go through with the sale. :D

But trust me I was close, I had the silver bars all packed up....I just never made the call.
    So now I just unboxed them.....

Right. When it goes down, keep buying. That's your opportunity by whomever out there is manipulating PM's. They are actually doing you a favor, but only if you take advantage of it.

I don't really have an out. I don't know what signs I need to see in order for me to sell. So it's hold and go long....go deep......

13. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

May I interject 2 questions? And if there is a site more appropriate, please just tell me to go there.. 1, Would someone explain to me what "overbought" (regarding gold and silver) means, exactly? I understand the word, but the implication is what?, that prices are being driven up as a result? and, 2, I am wondering why some of the gold/silver coins/sets that I have are described as "bullion" when I search the internet to figure out what to do with them (in other words, as I search to determine WHAT they are.) They look like "sets" to me, more 'collectible', so am confused as to what to do with them (throw 'em in with bullion?) Thanks in advance. L.

14. krispy

krispy krispy

I understand about procrastinating over a buy/sell. There have been times when I've been tempted to place calls on stocks citing a price out of my range, too low for a possible buy or too high for the bid to be met on a limit order to sell. It's sort of cathartic to satiate the urge that might be done for the wrong intuitions, just to give me the satisfaction of walking through the steps of the sale/trade. It feels like a degree of security that a high price unexpectedly met would cover my ask that may have been too low, or prevent me from a mistake of overpaying when I'm considering a buy, in that case any buy at a lower price feels better. Since most times they don't go through, it's sort of a walk through without commitment even though it's an active potential trade. I know this must sound vague but I'm just trying to relate.

15. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

For me personally, I do not hesitate at all to buy. If there is a 1-oz silver art bar that I found locally and it is on my "wish list" and it is priced at a decent premium over spot, then I am pulling the trigger and buying that silver art bar.

16. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

I'm not really sure myself. What exactly is overbought? So if you bought 100oz of silver 2 years ago for example, how is that overbought? To me you lucked out, especially at today's prices. So maybe overbought means something else...perhaps it means you are cash poor so you overbought metals? I don't know???

As for the other, I don't even look at collectibles, I fight off the urge to purchase things like that unless I find the coins absolutely stunning and beautiful. I like to keep things simple. An ounce is an ounce is an ounce....no haggling over what the numismatic side should be price wise...

No, I know what you mean. Sometimes just going through the motions helps. I do that sometimes with email, I'll write an email but never send it. Just to get my thoughts out. I never meant to do it on purpose, but it ended up becoming a habit. I'd write this long email to a friend, but then I know it's way too long for him to read and i know he's busy at work so I just put it in draft folder. then after awhile, I'm kinda glad I didn't send it. LOL....

17. krispy

krispy krispy

Totally! I write emails and even posts here but never click reply. Saves you big time from messing up things sometimes! :D

18. krispy

krispy krispy

Well for a clinical definition, we can start with Investopedia for: Overbought

19. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY: In the Asia-Pac markets for Tuesday, 10/5/2010

GOLD: $1,314.40
    Silver: $21.89

Platinum: $1671
    Palladium: $564

20. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY: In UL/EU markets for Tuesday, 10/5/2010

GOLD: $1,327.40
    Silver: $22.28

Platinum: $1690
    Palladium: $573

21. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

WHAT!!??? Are you kidding me? I had to take a second look......$1327!!?? Wow, and I just bought last night! LOL!!!!! I dodged a bullet!

Draft saved Draft deleted