Next Level: GOLD $1,350.00

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Sep 11, 2009.

1. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY: Another gold record high...

GOLD: $1,316.50 -- High so far today $1,316.90
    Silver: $22.08 -- High so far today $22.10

Platinum: $1664
    Palladium: $575

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Please stop, give me time to breath!!! All these ups it....feels....so unnatural!!

4. krispy

krispy krispy

It does get hard to breath in the stratosphere... rational thinking becomes harder in an oxygen deprived atmosphere. Eventually reaching the top, peak, a pullback will come, but it's best to be prepared and equipped for the climb before setting out. Hold tight. Enjoy the view.

5. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Well, I can't say I was caught out of position because I dove head first last year. I still want to buy more but wanted to have a better ratio of PM:Cash. With these PM prices breaking new records practically everyday, it puts me in a tough position.....

6. krispy

krispy krispy

Be on the look out for bargains if things get worse, some sellers can get desperate for cash and higher prices tempt many to sell, maybe sooner than they should.

7. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Interesting observation. I would think though they could always sell the gold back to bullion dealers for a healthy return?

The way it has been moving reminds of last year when gold was hitting $1185....I bought some then and then prices dropped like a rock to around $1120-30'ish.....took quite some time to get back to $1185 and beyond.....

It feels like panic buying right now.....

8. krispy

krispy krispy

I think we can expect to see some cyclical pattern performance again this end of year, but I also suspect we can observe certain aspects of desperation having an effect on selling, while buying demand appears to remain high.

9. sunflower

sunflower New Member

Thanks for the warning.

10. krispy

krispy krispy

Of course, like anyone else discussing these things, I have no way of knowing what will happen. Just ruminating on some possibilities for consideration should we see such things occur. :smile

CURRENTLY:

GOLD: $1,302.20 -- High so far today $1,316.90
    Silver: $21.65 -- High so far today $22.10

Platinum: $1652
    Palladium: $569

11. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

And here comes the exhale!!!!

12. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY:

GOLD: $1,301.80 -- High so far today $1,316.90
    Silver: $21.68 -- High so far today $22.10

Platinum: $1659
    Palladium: $566

13. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Unnatural! :D It seems to me that gold is heading up to the real price it should be and should have been a long, long time ago! :D Gooooooo Gold!! :D

14. krispy

krispy krispy

and what price is that?

15. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Well, I don't want to hear anymore of the "Adjusted for inflation, gold should be $2400+".... from the gold bugs....

Just like the gold bears always bring up 1980....

It is what it is... I need PM's to protect my hard earned money for the next 35-40 years, that's all I'm asking for.....

With that said, I haven't reached my goal yet so I hope to obtain my goal before prices get out of hand.....

16. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I know what you mean, prices have gotten soooo high that I'm gonna have to make a special trip to a coin shop that has a huge inventory and is willing to haggle a little! :D Ebay has gotten crazy! :eek:

17. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

It's getting a little borderline for me on the gold side, on the silver it's not. But that really depends on what the outlook for silver could be.

If silver can go to $35,$50,$60,$100 then $22 today is still an absolute bargain. If silver goes to $35 I still don't mind buying but only if I believe silver still has a long way to go. If $35 ends up being the peak, I just don't know what I would do.....

18. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

Cyclical, as in cyclical for a bull market? (maybe midway through? another 5 yrs maybe? or what would be typical?) I suppose you might mean cyclical for year end. Regarding desperation having an effect on selling, do you think desperation is the mindset for someone who actually "invests" in bullion for the long haul, or more for the "mom and pop" buyer? Just curious your personal take on it (not a prediction; I understand that no one has a crystal ball:)) Just a guess, but I don't think we're near the end of the bull. Buying right now might not seem right for the faint of heart (though could be a good idea, IMHO) (As long as everything else is covered!)

19. krispy

krispy krispy

cyclical for year end. though volatility is inherent and these are not common times.

desperation: people persuaded by the media to buy overpriced PMs, to resell too soon, severely effected persons by the jobs turmoil selling for a loss, being forced to sell when they may have wanted to hold long term, selling to pawn shops, we-buy-gold, etc. Anything rash, quick, undercutting or overpriced and exploiting those in desperate situations financially.

20. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY: In UK/EU markets for the end of the week, first day of October 2010, going into last quarter of the year.

GOLD: $1,315.70
    Silver: $21.94

Platinum: $1674
    Palladium: $575

21. krispy

krispy krispy

CURRENTLY: After the US market opening for the end of the week, first day of October 2010, going into last quarter of the year.

GOLD: $1,315.70
    Silver: $21.96

Platinum: $1684
    Palladium: $581

Draft saved Draft deleted