Newbie Question about HSN, CoinVault, etc...

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by BobB(MI), Nov 18, 2011.

1. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Just playing devil's advocate, but, if a person is happy paying the price, is it really over charging?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Rick is one of the most knowledgeable numismatists in the country. Use his offerings and charts as a learning tool, but due to extremely high overhead, only the wealthiest people, who don,t want to do the work, buy from him. You can always find these same coins from many other sources, at a fraction of what he charges.

4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

If he is fully informed that the item is way above market, and he still wants to pay it, bully for him.

These guys are peddling items readily available at much lower prices. They aren't selling Stellas.

5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Yeah.... That's the ONLY reason he charges so much and uses blatant fluffery to promote his wares. (roll eyes here) ;)

As a new collector you should understand that you could be doing yourself more harm than good in feeling this way. This isn't to say that any and all dealers should blindly be trusted (far from it), but the fact is that a good and knowledgeable dealer can be the collector's best friend. The problem for most new collectors though is how to identify the good from not so good or the downright bad.

green18 and chascat like this.
  6. Stpn2me

Stpn2me New Member

Understood. I've met a few good dealers, but I am still wary when it comes to buying from them.

Draft saved Draft deleted