New UK Bullion Coins!!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by stoster38, Mar 29, 2016.

1. stoster38

stoster38 Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Trick coin, you have to guess which side is the beast... : - ) just funnin'

4. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

The texture on the front is terrible looking. Looks like rhino truck bed liner.

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I just picked up a couple of the 2016 Brittania's, lovely as usual.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  6. Taxidermist

Taxidermist Collector of US/IL/RU/DE

Nothing spectacular about the lion, I`m a Britannia fan. The other side is ruined by default.

If I buy more of these, it will be for designs that look like the 2005 or 2007:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Cascade, JPeace$ and tommyc03 like this.
  7. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I bought one of the 2016's with textured fields to see what it looked like. I didn't like it.

Garlicus likes this.
  8. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

First-ever 2 oz silver bullion from RBM. And it's the first in a 10-coin series.

If the premium is comparable to the ASE, then I'm buying the silver.

And I think the 1/4 oz gold will eventually make a nice 10-coin set.

9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Just got my 2016 Somalia Elephant today, quite pleased.

10. COCollector

Although a bit off-topic, I heartily agree.

This coin is a pleasant surprise. Proof-like mirror fields with satin/frosty images & lettering. Especially nice for bullion. And I like the design.

Sorry for all the lint on my air-tite capsule...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tommyc03 likes this.
  11. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Active Member

Those look nice!! The UK Beast coins....
    I will get some if they don't have a premium.

12. COCollector

Got an email today. These coins are now for sale!

2 oz silver: https://www.royalmintbullion.com/Pr...ail&utm_campaign=product&utm_term=queensbeast

Sadly, the 1/4 oz gold is about US$30 more than the AGE ($335 vs $364).

And shipping costs from the UK really hurt my small purchases. So I'll wait until I can buy from the big U.S. bullion dealers.

Interestingly, the 1 oz gold beast seems priced right in the U.S.... about $25 less than the AGE if you shop around: http://www.jmbullion.com/2016-1-oz-british-gold-queens-beast-coin/

13. stoster38

stoster38 Member

So I found this news article about the selling of the silver version in the United States.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/3125049...r-for-the-2016-royal-british-lion-gold-silver

I actually contacted them yesterday as they came up on a Google search. They asked how many I wanted to buy and I told them I just wanted one. They told me they don't sell individual coins. Hopefully they'll sell to other coin dealers so that I can buy one. If not I guess I'll have to keep my eye out on Ebay :(

14. COCollector

Now they have an exclusive North American distributor? I just called them. They're only a wholesale distributor... minimum order is $3500!!

And the coin's price is $53.81. A bit steep for 2 oz bullion.

I'm tempted to buy a bunch directly from the Mint and sell 'em on ebay!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  15. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I'm looking to find info on the thickness of the coin. All I seem to find is the diameter and that it's 2 oz of silver. Anyone find info on the thickness of the coin?

16. OxJaw

OxJaw Senior Member

Silver Britannias are 3mm thick and the same diameter as the 2oz silver queens beast so I'd say it's a safe bet that it is twice as thick as the Britannias making it 6mm.

Britannia dimensions:
    http://blog.royalmint.com/new-bullion-options-from-the-royal-mint-the-home-of-uk-coins/

17. avr5700

avr5700 Member

Imagine having a surprise 11th coin in the series with that obverse updated to compete with itself! I'd buy one too. :O

Kentucky likes this.
  18. Desire_Silver

Desire_Silver New Member

I agree with the others above. I love the Britannia and the Somalian Elephant is a favorite. I would like to get the Queens Beasts if I can ever find them.

Draft saved Draft deleted