New Silver & Gold Website, New to Me!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Jun 9, 2020.

1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I don't really understand these new ideas like OneGold and the website below but it looks like they're getting buyers! Anyone here know the deal? May be geared toward the techy stacker or younger set, I'm not really sure as I don't really know what the benefit of buying into their programs is. Just sharing the website for discussion or just to share! :D

https://www.silverbullion.com.sg/

capthank likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

They are more than likely a reputable company, but for my money a safety deposit box with contents insurance is a better option. I seem to remember that following the big run up in PM prices in the late 1970s a number of companies that supposedly had custodial holdings of people’s metal that was segregated, documented, etc., etc., went belly up and people lost most of their money. Fraud. Like I said, the company you referenced might be 100% on the up and up, but why take the chance? Physical possession is the only way to go, IMO.

Jeffjay and fretboard like this.
  4. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

It's an offshore (Singapore and Malaysia) precious metals dealer and storage facility - unless you have a great deal of bullion and/or need a safe haven for confidential, outside the country storage, this company is similar to many domestic outfits offering the same services - the bullion selling prices are similar to online dealers - the buying offers are a few percent over melt, but shipping & insurance costs would negate any profit.
    If you're an average bullion stacker who doesn't need to pay for storage or doesn't need to conceal ownership, you'd do better buying domestically and storing it in your personal safe.

Stevearino and fretboard like this.
  5. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

I'll visit next year when I go to Singapore. Trip was canceled this year.

6. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I'd love to go to Singapore as I love the look of their gold coins! :D I only have a couple but I like the glitter look that only their gold coins seem to have! :cigar:

s-$167.25 l1600.jpg s-l1$167.25 600.jpg s$167.25-l1600.jpg

7. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

I plan to trade some Panda's for Sng gold coins

8. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

Draft saved Draft deleted