New 2 oz Silver High Relief "Kraken"

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Tinpot, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Neet looking coin - I like the way the Kraken's tentacle makes the bottom sail morph into a some type of looking animal!!
    Thanks for posting!!

4. BunkerTrapMan

BunkerTrapMan Overcoming adversity is the key to happiness

I did order 1 of these. I found out there are 4 coins in the releases so far.
    2 are no longer available. how do you get those if you decide to get the full set series for this. very cool reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean

5. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Ebay or someone that has some

6. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

#2 (siren/mermaid) is still reasonably priced on ebay, one seller is as low as $48.00 shipped. Here's a link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elemetal-2-...602661?hash=item51d9b0f025:g:Sh0AAOSwFqJWjouM

Alternatively, Jmbullion still has some in stock for $45 and change. Minimum order at Jmbullion is $100 though (but on the plus side you get free shipping on all orders)

#1 (ship in stormy waters) is more expensive, looks like they are selling for between $65-$80 on Ebay. I don't think any retailers have them in stock still.

7. skbrooks1369

skbrooks1369 Active Member

I've got a bunch of the first in the series. edit forum rules

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
  8. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

What are the mintage numbers on the first two issues?

9. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Second one (siren) was around 70k. The first, P1, I believe was around 60k.

10. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I already had "The Siren". I didn't order the first one and now, they're a little more than I want to spend.

I just received "The Kraken" and "The Captain" today. These are really well done pieces.

I also order a 2 oz. Cleopatra. This piece is simple, yet beautiful! I highly recommend it.

I also bought the 2 oz. airtites Provident sells so I could house the pieces properly. It was tough getting these to close: nothing like when putting a 1 oz. or smaller coin in an airtite. The air pressure had to be slowly lowered before I could complete the process. It was quite interesting.

McBlzr likes this.
  11. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I have the cleopatra too and totally agree. The statue of liberty one is a must have also.

JPeace$ likes this.
  12. M_Town

M_Town New Member

Thanks for the notice I ordered 2 last Friday. These are a very attractive piece of bullion.

I got interested in the series when I bought the Siren and Captain back in December from a LCS for $40 each. To get the sailing ship in stormy waters I paid the premium at the time which I think was around $70 at that time.

Is this going to be a never ending series? I cannot decide where the marketing wisdom would be in announcing that or keeping it to themselves. Or maybe keep releasing them until sales fall off.

13. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I believe they stated that it will be a series of 5 so only one more to go after Kraken unless they change it.

Tinpot likes this.
  14. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

It'd be nice if they turned the Cleopatra into a series.

15. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Agreed. An egiption themed series building on cleo might be nice. The first URH series they did was the gods of Mount Olympus which were very popular and super low mintage as they didn't know how well they would be recieved. Now each are in the hundreds if you want one

16. M_Town

M_Town New Member

My order for 2 Krakens and other bullion was in the mail yesterday. Provident Metals was good to do business with.

These did not disappoint and look great alongside the others.

When they come out with the next one and if it the last do mints usually announce this will be the final one of the series? I am planning to frame mine but don't want to do so until the series is complete. I am thinking Provident is not bound but am asking if there are any general rules of etiquette they usually follow.

I am still new at bullion is the reason I am asking.

Thanks!

17. M_Town

M_Town New Member

I also bought a 2 ounce Cleopatra when I purchased the "Sailing Ship on Stormy Waters". It is an attractive piece but in my opinion not nearly as intricate in detail as other pieces. But maybe there is also something to be said for simplicity. I am not disappointed in it, just thought it was kind of plain.

18. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

I ordered the Kraken last week. Should arrive tomorrow. The design attracted me. But I'm not going for the Series. Also have a Cleopatra.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  19. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

Really like these 2 oz high relief rounds.

I'm collecting the American Landmark Series. Nice lower mintage. Only 3 coins so far: "Grand Canyon" (18,152), "Liberty Island" (24,490), and "Pearl Harbor" (tbd).

Hopefully this Series continues 3-4 coins/year for at least a few more years.

20. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

Do you happen to remember where you read that?

21. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

No. It's escaped me

Draft saved Draft deleted