never seen silver drop so fast $25.85

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by enochian, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

The price of silver is dropping again this morning, so selling any of it to a refiner is a good idea for these guys. Sell it before the price drops. I have found a lot of really cool stuff from them as well. I got an 1818 Spanish 8 reales minted in Peru and an English half crown from the same year. If I hadn't gotten these they would be melted by now.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Moen1305

Moen1305 Mysticism and Tyrants

How low can it go??? At what point do you guys start thinking about stocking up on silver? I can't see silver going much under $18/per ounce but my floor may not be your floor. With the economy slowly mending itself, precious metals are bound to take a hit as savvy investors dump their holdings and migrate to the more lucrative stock market for a quicker ROI. So what does that say for the bottom silver will find itself?

4. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

Well it tanked today, but then came up at the end of the day to over $23 again. I wonder if we have found a new floor, or if it's just a trap door we're jumping on.

5. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

dropping a measly dollar is "tanked"?

6. Briguy

Briguy Collector 4 Life

I want to hold back buying more silver still. At just under $20/per ounce I'm a buyer.

7. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

This and once the dealers actually lower the inflated buy premiums.

8. Briguy

Briguy Collector 4 Life

Very true.

9. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Silver's is a buy at $18/Oz...Wait for it! Wait for it!

[​IMG]

10. scyther

scyther New Member

No, it's not. How is getting less than melt for junk silver when it's selling for $5 over a lot of places a good idea?

11. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I wash I had listened to Juan Blanco when he said it would drop to $22. It has done this now and I think we may be seeing a bottom. It is the best buying opportunity we have had since 2008. I may have to make another end of the week buy.

12. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Be patient and see how all this pans out. The premiums are still way too high. This may be a bottom, but there is really nothing to indicate it is. There is no need to rush.

13. scyther

scyther New Member

The bottom is probably around $1 an ounce. It may take a few decades to get there, but it will happen. Gold will be even harder hit.

14. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Wow, Even I am not THAT bearish...... Can you elaborate?

15. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Yeah, i agree. Long term i do not think it can be much lower than $15 i n todays environment. Too high of costs and fuel. To me I would call that the bottom, and i would be a buyer at that level. Am i saying its going there soon? Absolutely not, but i am watching today, and wasn't a couple of months ago. I would say gold would be around $800 for a similar bottom level. Honestly, i am rooting for gold to go down more, but i thnk its less likely. Far more interest in gold around the world than silver. Whole countries have a tradition of buying gold, but no tradition of buying silver. Try going to most other countries, gold shops pretty essy to find, silver shops fifty times rarer.

16. scyther

scyther New Member

I may be too bearish on silver- there will always be some cost involved- but I'm quite certain gold will go down in value dramatically, probably 99%, with technological advances. There's a ton of gold in the ocean- both the ocean floor and the water itself- that will be extractable in time. Also a ton of it asteroids. Even worse with platinum, from what I hear. Eventually, it may even be cost effective make gold artificially. It's already been done before, some day it might be possible to do it for a profit. Fuel will cease to be a concern eventually. I don't know when or what, but they'll make some renewable fuel a lot cheaper than oil. Even oil may get a lot cheaper in the near term, actually, considering fraking and shale and whatever.

17. Gold and silver prices are driven by people like us.
    As long as silver is a got to have in the collecting of coins there will always be highs and lows.When the price is low we buy it until its wanted enough to start the price to rise.When it becomes too high sells drop off and in the end the price falls low enough for us to buy more.Some sell when the price is high others hang on hopeing the price will go even higher.
    Either one will never get completely out of reach because it would render its self worthless in the long run.
    We can and do control the price.

18. scyther

scyther New Member

What if it were possible to produce unlimited amounts of gold for $10 an ounce? How could the price possibly hold?

19. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

What if there was no gravity and we could all fly? Where have they been able to produce gold artificially and how?

20. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Merlin.......

21. pballer225

pballer225 Member

They did it with the particle accelerator a few years back. It would just take years to make even a grain and was extremely innefficient, but it is possible. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted