never seen silver drop so fast $25.85

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by enochian, Apr 12, 2013.

1. enochian

enochian silver eater

i went to the coin store around 4 o clock silver was around $26.50 when i left

4:30 silver was $26.10

5:15 $25.90

now at 6:25 it is $25.85

silver.gif

there was a lot of people selling today others buying morgans ect

it gets any lower people are going to realy start freaking out

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. crazyinside

crazyinside Member

Good, let them freak out and sell it all to me!

4. enochian

enochian silver eater

my thaughts to

should have waited to go to the store till tommarrow oh well

5. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Gold down $84....:D

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

How old were you in 1980?

Chris

7. enochian

enochian silver eater

-9 i turned 24 today born in 89

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

9. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I will be curious what the buy prices are. In 1980 the spread widened to incredible levels as simultaneously dealers wanted to "get what they had into it" but severely discounted purchases for fear of prices going down more.

10. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Yup, in the words of the legendary rock band, Bachman Turner Overdrive

Ba, Ba, Ba, Baby, You ain't see nothin' yet....

11. Zlotych

Zlotych Member

I'm going to freak out and back the truck up is what's going to happen. Loving it. I'm in for thirty or so years.

12. Rono

Rono Senior Member

Howdy,

Lots of purported reasons for the selloff but we'll really have to wait until next week to see where it goes. I think a lot of folks will be buying and will put in a floor, but WTF knows.

During the Hunt Bros bull, I was back in school, finally finishing up my BA in Econ on the GI Bill subisidized by selling 90 silver that I had acquired at face value. This present bull market started in 2001/2 and I started getting in in 2002. I was fortunate to have collected coins for long enough to spot the breakout early on. My first roll of ASEs from Paul Sims was around $90 including S&H. My first roll of AGEs was at a POG of $335.

I would think that one and all around here are looking to add or at least stand pat. I'm looking at plain vanilla hockey pucks. Any silver or gold from the mint right now is hideously overpriced. They need a price adjustment.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

13. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

As a friend of mine used to say in the old neighborhood and he was never wrong. Every time someone started talking about money and what could or what may happen with the price of whatever, he would say, "Ain't no thing but a chicken wing!" I guess you'd have to have been there. :D But, he was never wrong and is still right, even today. :yes:

14. Briguy

Briguy Collector 4 Life

I plan on buying more silver... I'd like to supplement our savings with more of it. Savings accounts make such a pathetic amount of interest anyway.

15. medoraman

Let me just ask you sir, do they return better than negative 15 percent? That is how well silver has done this year. Its even worst, since by buying and selling to a dealer you would have been more like negative 25 percent return this year.

PM is for long term buy and hold only. Short term physical pm holding is a very dangerous game, as 2013 so far has shown us.

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

[video=youtube;8XZWgHNcUeA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XZWgHNcUeA[/video]

17. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Big Brown Eyes being turned into big brown runny bottoms........

18. Briguy

Briguy Collector 4 Life

I see what you're saying... I always plan on keeping cash in the bank. I think that for the long term it could be a nice nest egg to have.:smile

19. Briguy

Briguy Collector 4 Life

Thanks for the advice. :thumb:

20. medoraman

Long term i agree. Just think, now its on sale!

21. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Still looks expensive to me, I'd be patient. When buying an asset class that doesn't grow, pays no interest, and cost you to store, it pays to wait until one of its gyrations brings it under the cost of production. Sure, the run it had was spectacular, but lightning seldom strikes twice.

Draft saved Draft deleted